LA LUCINE - Petits Papillons Rural Cottages
LA LUCINE - Petits Papillons Rural Cottages
No price rise! LA LUCINE held at last year's rates for 2016
Also sleep 6 PERSONS for the PRICE OF 4 in LE FLAMBE - SUMMER RATE REDUCED TO 490 GBP
Jackie and Mike invite you to totally relax and unwind and experience the peace and rural tranquillity of La Lucine, a delightful self contained gite (cottage), part of Petits Papillons, their early 19th century longere (long-house). Once a working farm it has been lovingly renovated and converted into three spacious, architect designed, deluxe, self catering holiday cottages. Each gite features spacious, comfortable rooms, mostly en-suite bathrooms, exposed original timber and stone work, and views across the extensive gardens and rolling countryside.
Please note: No hidden extras. Bed linen, towels and utilities included (summer time) plus a welcome pack of essentials - milk, tea, coffee etc.
We also offer home cooked cuisine (at an additional charge), using home grown fresh garden produce and free range eggs, which is highly recommended by previous guests.
If you are feeling slightly more energetic, then Petits Papillons is well located for walking and cycling in the beautiful surrounding countryside and nearby Nantes-Brest canal, or a short drive from delightful chateaux and market towns, historic sites and the beaches of southern Brittany and the unique Gulf of Morbihan.
Within walking/cycling distance are three or four pretty country villages with bars/tabacs/restaurants, boulangeries, charcuteries and a short drive away are small towns with more restaurants, local markets and supermarkets.
PLEASE NOTE : Benefit from a 20% discount on your Brittany Ferries car booking by requesting the discount code from us on confirmation of your rental booking.
LA LUCINE is a delightful two bedroom cottage that sleeps up to four, with bed linen and towels included, first floor double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and ground floor bedroom with en-suite bathroom fitted out for persons of limited mobility and an accessible sunny terrace.
• Bedroom 1 - A delightful light and airy first floor double bedroom with exposed original timber roof frame and granite work, an en-suite shower and WC and views over the garden and countryside.
• Bedroom 2 - A cosy ground floor wheel chair accessible double bedroom with an en-suite "wet room" shower and WC, designed also for persons of limited mobility, with views towards the garden and countryside.
• Living /dining area - Comfortably furnished with leather arm chairs and sofa, dining table and chairs. Features exposed stonework and timber beams, television, DVD player and English satellite TV, and french doors leading out onto the private sunny terrace and barbecue area with the garden beyond. Also has its own front door access from the parking area, with level wheelchair access throughout ground floor and garden terrace.
• Kitchen area - Fully fitted bespoke kitchen with hardwood worktop and facilities as below, and includes all necessary crockery, cutlery, pans, utensils, corkscrew etc.
• Bed linen and bathroom towels are also included
Plus you will be greeted by a small welcome pack including tea, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, fruit juice and regional cider
• .King size bed with Egyptian cotton linen
• Hydro massage shower
• Leather sofa suite
• Exposed granitework and timber beams
• Ground floor bedroom and en-suite bathroom with facilities for persons of limited mobility.
• Level wheelchair access throughout ground floor and garden terrace
• Home cooked evening meals can be provided 'en famille' at an additional cost, upon request and subject to availability.
• Bed and breakfast also available all year round, at short notice. Minimum one night stay on pro-rata plus basis.TripAdvisor property ID 3543048...Read more
LA LUCINE - Petits Papillons Rural Cottages Josselin, Brittany, France
Additional Location Information
LA LUCINE is part of Petits Papillons, a renovated 19th century Breton longere (longhouse) situated south of the pretty chateau town of Josselin, in rural Morbihan, in a small, quiet farming hameau (hamlet) close to the villages of St Aubin, Cruguel and Lizio, each of which has friendly local bars, bakery and a small grocery shop, within a few minutes cycle or car ride, or even a leisurely walk through quiet country lanes (to St Aubin).
A short car journey will take you to the market town of Josselin, with its delightful chateau, local restaurants and the Nantes-Brest Canal. Local restaurants are also available within 10 -15 kms in the nearby towns of Plumelec, Serent and Guegon.
Also within easy reach by car are sandy beaches, the Gulf of Morbihan and Vannes, plus the attractive market towns of Malestroit, Rochefort-en-terre, La Gacilly and the historic towns of Rennes, Pontivy, Ploermel, Lorient and Auray with its picturesque port of St Gustan.
Local activities include: walking; cycling (we have cycles for hire); horse riding (2 stables nearby); golf (3 courses within 40 mins drive); boating; fishing, historic buildings and ancient Celtic sites.
Petits Papillons is well located for access to various ferry ports, airports and train stations. We are within 12 kms of Josselin on the N24 and also easily accessible from the N166 from Vannes. We are about 2 hours drive from the ferry ports of St Malo and Rosscoff, and the nearest airports are at Rennes, Dinard, and Nantes. TGV railway stations at Rennes and Vannes have direct routes to Paris and south to Nantes and onwards.
More About This Location
Nearest train station: Vannes, 19.88 miles Nearest airport: Rennes, 55.3 miles Nearest ferry port: St Malo, Caen or Roscoff, 95.07 miles Car is recommended
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.