LE FLAMBÉ - Petits Papillons Rural Holiday Cottage
LE FLAMBÉ - Petits Papillons Rural Holiday Cottage
No price rise! LE FLAMBE rate at last year's price for 2016
Also Big Reduction! SLEEP 6 PERSONS for the PRICE OF 4 - LE FLAMBE SUMMER RATE 490 GBP
Jackie and Mike invite you to totally relax and unwind and experience the peace and rural tranquillity of Le Flambe, part of Petits Papillons, their early 19th century longere (long-house). Once a working farm it has been lovingly renovated and converted into three spacious, architect designed, deluxe, self catering holiday cottages. Each gite (cottage) features delightful, comfortable rooms, mostly en-suite bathrooms, exposed original timber and stone work, and views across the extensive gardens and rolling countryside.
Please note: No hidden extras. Bed linen, towels and utilities included (summer time) plus a welcome pack of essentials - milk, tea, coffee etc.
We also offer home cooked cuisine (at an additional charge), using home grown fresh garden produce and free range eggs, which is highly recommended by previous guests.
If you are feeling slightly more energetic, then Petits Papillons is well located for walking and cycling in the beautiful surrounding countryside and nearbyNantes-Brest canal, or a short drive from delightful chateaux and market towns, historic sites and the beaches of southern Brittany and the unique Gulf of Morbihan.
Within walking/cycling distance are three or four pretty country villages with bars/tabacs/restaurants, boulangeries, charcuteries and a short drive away are small towns with more restaurants, local markets and supermarkets.
Le Flambe is a delightful large deluxe 3 bedroom cottage, sleeps up to 6 people, with 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite), open plan living/dining/kitchen, private terrace, views over garden and countryside.
• Bedroom 1 - A delightful double bedroom featuring an original exposed timber roof frame and granite work, views across the garden and countryside plus an en-suite shower room and WC, with heated towel rail.
• Bedroom 2 - A compact double bedroom featuring an original exposed timber roof frame and granite work, and views across the garden and country side.
• Bedroom 3 - A light and airy twin bedroom with two single beds, again featuring an original exposed timber roof frame and granitework and two Velux rooflights.
• Bathroom - Separate shared shower room and WC, with heated towel rail.
• Living/dining area - Comfortably furnished with leather arm chairs and large sofa, dining table and chairs, television, DVD player and English satellite TV, and two pairs of french doors opening out onto the south facing sunny terrace and garden beyond.
• Kitchen area - Fully fitted kitchen with facilities as noted below, including all necessary crockery, cutlery, pans, utensils and corkscrew etc.
• Own entrance from carpark area.
• Plus you will be greeted by a small welcome pack including tea, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, fruit juice and regional cider.
• King size bed in master bedroom
• Egyptian cotton bed linen in all rooms
• Hydro massage shower in each bathroom
• Leather sofa suite in living room
• Polished hardwood dining table and chairs
• Exposed granitework and timber beams
• Private dining/sun terrace and barbecue facility
• Home cooked evening meals can be provided 'en famille' at an additional cost, upon request and subject to availability.
• Bed and breakfast also available all year round, at short notice. Minimum one night stay on pro-rata plus basis.TripAdvisor property ID 3543045...Read more
Bed & bathroom
2 twin beds, 1 queen bed, 1 king bed
1 Full Bath (includes shower), 1 Shower Only
Ask Owner/Manager of this property regarding Children
LE FLAMBÉ - Petits Papillons Rural Holiday Cottage Josselin, Brittany, France
Additional Location Information
Le Flambe - Petits Papillons is a renovated 19th century Breton longere (longhouse) situated south of the pretty chateau town of Josselin, in rural Morbihan, in a small, quiet farming hameau (hamlet) close to the villages of St Aubin, Cruguel and Lizio, each of which has friendly local bars, bakery and a small grocery shop, within a few minutes cycle or car ride, or even a leisurely walk through quiet country lanes (to St Aubin).
A short car journey will take you to the market town of Josselin, with its delightful chateau, local restaurants and the Nantes-Brest Canal. Local restaurants are also available within 10 -15 kms in the nearby towns of Plumelec, Serent and Guegon.
Also within easy reach by car are sandy beaches, the Gulf of Morbihan and Vannes, plus the attractive market towns of Malestroit, Rochefort-en-terre, La Gacilly and the historic towns of Rennes, Pontivy, Ploermel, Lorient and Auray with its picturesque port of St Gustan.
Le Flambe - Petits Papillons is well located for access to various ferry ports, airports and train stations. We are within 12 kms of Josselin on the N24 and also easily accessible from the N166 from Vannes. We are about 2 hours drive from the ferry ports of St Malo and Rosscoff, and the nearest airports are at Rennes and Dinard. TGV railway stations at Rennes and Vannes have direct routes to Paris and south to Nantes and onwards.
More About This Location
How to get there
Nearest airport: Rennes, 55.3 miles Nearest train station: Vannes, 19.88 miles Nearest ferry port: St Malo, Caen or Roscoff, 95.07 miles Car is recommended
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.