*THIS HOME CAN BE BOOKED THROUGH SEPTEMBER30, 2015 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, Mahalo!
10% Off Last Minute New bookings on reservations booking 30 days from arrival or less & a 3 night minimum, except during the Holiday Season 12/19/14-1/2/15!... Call 808-965-4026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quote
Step into a large crystal clear natural geothermal heated Private Estate Pond, Ocean & the famous Champagne Pond from this rental. This rental has easy access into the private pond, ocean & champagne pond from the property to enjoy swimming and snorkeling with sea turtles and tropical fish at water temperatures between 78-87 degree Fahrenheit. Our Kapoho Estate is located in the sunniest spot on the quiet side of the Big Island of Hawaii.
This is a Home of History and there is a lot of open outdoor space. There are 3 bedrooms & 2.5 bathrooms with a large covered deck. The lower level 2 bedrooms have their own external pathways.
For your enjoyment we have out door kitchen with a Gas BBQ, sink and mini Fridge on the Patio so you are enjoying the Ocean while BBQ & the patio. We have expansive Ocean Views that are viewable through our doors & windows. Also, the home offers state of the art Kitchen Appliances and Washer/Dryer. In the living Room, there is a Flat Screen TV & a flat screen TV in Master Bed. The living room counters were built with local Koa wood and tge Kitchen has Corian Counter tops. Master Bedroom offers great Ocean Views.
Lower level: 1 out door bath Tub with views of the Private Pond and Ocean. The pond on property wraps beautifully around most of the home! HIGH SPEED DSL /WIFI INTERNET CONNECTION for FREE.
This is a split level Home with 2 bedrooms, outdoor tub and one bathroom on the Lower Level.
For a day trip, head to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Take a peak at an explosion captured on film in the Kilauea Visitor's Center. Head down the Chain of Craters Road and look for flowing lava and explore the Thurston Lava Tube, the fern forests, and the other natural phenomena of the area, about One Hour Drive.Lava Tree State Park, Restaurants and Super Market in Pahoa Town 15 min Drive from the Home.Area attractions include: swimming, scuba diving, spelunking, fishing, restaurants, reefs, surfing, snorkeling, public swimming pool in Pahoa, kite surfing, wind surfingVolcanoes Park is about 1 hour away.Akaka Falls 1 Hour min Drive.Lava Flow watching 30 min drive. Tide Pools and Best Coral viewing by snorkeling, 5 min Drive into Vacationland neighborhood Ocean View from every room including Kitchen and Living room. Kitchen Island plenty of preparation space.
Kapoho Bay Tidepools are protected from the ocean's waves by a coral reef, the water is crystal clear, and often warmer than the ocean because of the natural geothermal heated springs that enter into the tidepools in various places. Kapoho is a small Gated Community in East Side of Big Island of Hawaii.
Important info below: Please Read Carefully Before Booking
* Nightly Rates are based on 2 guests & $15.00 Per Night for additional Guests (children under 2yr at check-in are Free!).
* Please ask about our Discounts: 10% off for 7 nights or longer, 5% off for Returning Guest to the home, or 10% Off for Last Minute Bookings when arriving within 30 days from the day you are booking the home with a 3 night min. No discounts during Holiday Season Dec 18th - Jan 2nd
* Pack-n-play available upon request at booking (sorry we do not have sheets for the crib).
* 3 night minimum stay,Long Holiday Weekends 4 night min,Holiday Season is 7 night min stay
* Check-in is between 3-9pm & if you are planning to Check-in later than 9pm please call me to arrange it with us (please keep in mind that we will not be awake or available to check you in after 11pm).
* Check-out is 11am, unless you use the Lower Level then 10am will be your check-out time.
* This home & many other homes in the area do not have air conditioning, instead we use our fans, windows & breezes.
* There are small coqui frogs that make some bird sounds in the night & our homes do not have as many as most homes have in the beautiful rural areas (these frogs are almost all over the Big Island)
* Large Aqua Pond on the Property, Driveway & Property Gate will be shared with the Kapoho Paradise Oceanfront Home guests next door. Kapoho Paradise Oceanfront Home guests next door will have an access path to the front entrance to the ocean of this home (it’s a small path that goes around the Gazebo & then out to front edge of the water as shown on Hawaiiwego site drawn map). Also, You will have a shared access on the Kapoho Paradise Oceanfront Home's shared green grass path so you can directly access Champagne Pond.
* We encourage Guests to bring beach towels & water gear of their own preference.
* Please Note: there are only outside walkways by the Ponds to go from the Lower level bedrooms & bathroom to the Upper level living room, kitchen & Master bedroom. Also, all children, babies and guests that cannot swim well should be watched carefully on this property & other nearby areas due to the Ocean, Ponds, Rock Walls, Lava Rock & other natural surroundings of this home.
* Lower Level 2 bedrooms are locked up to keep cleaning fee to a minimum of $125 if there are 2 or less guests. The Lower Level can be opened for an additional one time $25 cleaning fee, or if you have booked 3-6 guests then it was already included in your cleaning fee $150.
* Guests will not be sharing this house.
* Amenities, Rates, Terms & Specials are subject to change.
* Property is supplied with initial amount of: Toilet paper, Paper Towels, Dish soap, Body soap, & Laundry Detergent.
* Smoking & Pets prohibited inside & outside the home and a minimum of $250 additional cleaning fee will apply if the policy is violated.
* Our Rental Policy does not allow tents or canopies, parties, weddings, loud music and gatherings with non-guests, max 3 cars, no parking on the streets. Quiet Hours 10 PM to 8 AM.
* State GE & Transient Tax ID for this property: W54568724-01
* Please note: there are bugs & critters in Hawaii and they occasionally sneak into the home or hangout around the outside (this happens to Hawaii Homes located in the beautiful natural & tropical settings)
* Please note only AT&T; cell phones work well in Kapoho but other carriers are very spotty in Kapoho.
* Cancellations made sixty (60) days or more prior to arrival with written notice shall be given a full refund minus $150.00 cancellation fee.Cancellations within the first 24hs of Booking will incur a credit card processing fee, after the first 24hrs the other cancellation policy rules will be in effect.
* Cancellations of less than sixty (60) days prior to arrival shall forfeit the entire rent and excise tax (less cleaning fee & Security Deposit Protection Premium if cancelled before the date of check-in) unless we are able to re-rent the property. Refunds on any forfeiture will be issued the dollar value the unit is re-rented (only up to the value we have received from you) for during the same dates as the cancelled reservation. Nevertheless, ALL RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A $150.00 CANCELLATION FEE or a 20% cancellation fee only if cancelling or moving a some nights. There is no refund for early departure or no shows. Please keep in mind we do not distribute the money collected from the new guests until about middle of the following month of the reservation dates, since that is when bookings are completed & processed for money distribution.
* There is Travel Insurance available and highly advise you to get Travel Insurance for your reservation, please see Tab on this site labeled Guest Services/Travel Insurance for Travel Insurance information & call us Directly at 808-965-4026 if you would like to buy.
* If the reservation is 28 nights or longer, we require a 50% payment at booking. If you cancel, then the flat $150 cancellation fee is to be in effect only before or on 150 days (5 months) prior to arrival & then after that any payments made will become non-refundable unless we are able to rebook it and whatever amount we rebook your cancelled dates for (only up to the value we have received from you) less $150 cancellation fee will be returned to you within a 1-1.5 months after the last day of your previously cancelled reservation. Please note, you will not receive more than the amount of payment we have received from you but you may receive less depending how much we are able to book it for.
* No cancellation of guests within 60 days of arrival.
* Please keep in mind that any changes to your reservation may incur a fee after you have booked (ie: changing dates, cancelling dates, etc) but there will be a 20% fee on the value that is being cancelled or changed; even if it’s more than 60 days prior to check-in.
Additional amenities include: lava boat/hike tours (when lava is flowing), no a/c (ceiling fans & some stand up fans), bicycling, grocery stores - natural food, malama market, longs, etc, cooking utensils, crib (available upon request at booking), rice cooker, warm aquatic pond on property, restaurants - mexican,thai,hawaiian,etc, stove/oven, swim to warm champagne pond, 3 car parking max, ziplining, local telephone, paddle boarding, surfing, ice maker, shoreline fishing, external stairway only from 1st to 2nd level, dishes & utensils, spear fishing, jogging, tide pools (snorkeling), farmers market, iron/board, washer/dryer, volcano national park - 1hr drive, coffee grinder, queen, lava tree park - 15min drive, futon (folds out to a full bed size), shared aquatic pond, initial supply: 2xtoilet paper per bathroom, 2x paper towel, soaps (body, dish, laundry), diving, other eco-tourism activites/adventures, snorkeling, coffeemaker....Read more
Left on 02/03/2014 for a stay in January 2014 | A FlipKey verified reviewer
Rented this cottage not knowing what to expect. Was a bit taken aback by all the gates and codes, but after that, our stay was perfect. The home is well stocked so make sure you check to see what others have left behind. We could have saved a bit on bug repellant and sunscreen. Lots of water toys (snorkels, floatation devices, etc)to play with too. We saw tons of fish and even sea turtles. Read more
Thank you for sharing your guys Hawaii experience at our Kapoho Estate Oceanfront home! I am glad to hear you enjoyed. Yes, this is a rural beach community & guests do tend to leave some supplies behind now & then. :-)
Mahalo Nui Loa for leaving your feedback! And I look forward to hearing from you for your returning visit to Hawaii!
With Warm Aloha,
Sophia A. Yunis, R(B)
Principal Broker & Direct Booking Company
Pacific Ocean Realty LLC
Plenty of R&R; for our week away...
Left on 12/05/2013 for a stay in November 2013 | The Mayos
We have stayed at 3 other properties at this location and all were great, this one did not disappoint us.
This home was a little older than the others but clean and well-kept. Read more
Thank you for writing your honest response and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Yes, this home is a home of history to the area (a Lyman's Family house).
Thank you again for the Estate Home Sketch you made! I am working on getting it on the website now. :)
Happy Holidays & Warm Aloha,
Pictures don't do it justice! Peace and Tranquility with the mos
Left on 11/14/2013 for a stay in October 2013 | Pete
The location is probably one of the best in Hawaii...oceanside with a perfect ocean view, private thermal pool with hundreds(maybe thousands) of tropical fish, adjacent to Champagne pond, which is one of Hawaii's best thermal ponds, and in a gated community. Sofia was awesome and always responded promptly. Check In was simple and the instructions were perfect.
This was our fourth time to the Big Island (third time staying in the Puna District) and this was our favourite place to stay. Snorkeling in the ponds and Champagne pond was amazing and relaxing. The location was close enough to Pahoa to be convient, but far enough for a sense of seclusion. The internet worked perfect. There was so much to do, we never turned on the TV.
We hope to be back in the near future!!! Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.