Recent reviews for Killington, Vermont, USA
"Perfect getaway spot"
Left on 07/11/2015 for a stay in July 2015
I just got back from a week at Mountain Green Unit 3G3 with my husband and two young daughters. The condo was great! Felt right at home. It was a perfect size for my family but we definitely could have had others with us too! We cooked in several nights and everything was there for us. The large, flat screen TV was great to watch shark week on! And the views out the front porch were great!
It was a short walk to the Snowshed Lodge where Killington's new Adventure Center is located. I can imagine wanting to take the shuttle in the winter though. Will definitely come back for a ski trip! The condo is also an easy drive to several hikes, kayak destinations and VT State Parks.
As one of the most popular ski destinations on the East coast, Killington, VT boasts natural beauty, cosmopolitan dining and shopping, and great slopes. During the winter, visitors can take part in outdoor activities such as skiing, snowmobiling, and snowboarding. However, Killington is also a great four-season getaway. When the snow melts, the city transforms into the ideal place for hiking, biking, and golfing on two PGA courses. With plenty of arts, culture, and entertainment, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Some of the sights you will not want to miss include:
- Killington Resort: As the largest ski and snowboard resort in eastern North America and a wintertime haven, this attraction boasts almost 200 trails spanning across seven mountains. Explore Killington's stash, an all-natural terrain park tucked off the shoulder of Skye Peak and available by Skye Peak Express. The stash is one of the only five that exist worldwide, and the only of its kind along the East Coast.
- Killington Golf Course: Those visiting Killington during warmer months can play a round of golf here.
- McLaughlin Falls: Explore this serene, five-mile bike route that takes riders past beautiful waterfalls. Absorb Vermont's northern charm while looking for covered bridges and family farms along the way.
- Killington Music Festival: Those visiting Killington during summer months can enjoy this event. The festival unites young musicians from across the country to perform at various locations in Killington throughout June, July, and August.
- Appalachian Trail Adventures: If combining outdoor adventure with relaxation is your thing, then this hiking spa is for you. Go on one of the daily guided hikes through the Green Mountains and indulge in a revitalizing treatment afterwards.
- Pickle Barrel Night Club: Affectionately known as "the house that rocks Killington," this music venue showcases the best bands on tour in the East. The complex is three levels, has four bars, and two stages.
With your vacation rental nestled along the foothills of Killington Mountain, walk just minutes to the shuttles that will whisk you to the gondola in no time. Spend your days descending white powder slopes, then retreat home at night and rest near the fireplace of your condo or cabin. Killington Mountain, VT is a destination that offers something for everyone no matter what the season. Whether you are skiing Killington in winter, hiking the trails in summer, or relaxing at a Killington spa in the fall, visitors will find this area a place they will want to return to again and again.