Impressive one bedroom accommodation located in the northern Eden Valley, ideal for a romantic break at any time. Set in in an elevated position with superb views over the surrounding country side.
Staffield Hall is an impressive, Victorian manor house, originally built in 1848 for the beautiful bride Lady Jane Aglionby and occupies a magnificent elevated setting with superb views over the surrounding countryside of the Eden Valley.
Staffield Hall is located between the pretty villages of Kirkoswald and Armathwaite in the northern Eden Valley, an area of peace and tranquillity. Within a short drive are the market towns of Carlisle and Penrith, Ullswater the northern most lake, Hadrian’s Wall and the Scottish Borders.
The Hall retains it's period features including the “Great Hall” with a magnificent, carved oak staircase, feature stained glass window, servants’ bells, vaulted beamed ceilings including ornate cornicing and ceiling rose. Staffield Hall is a truly idyllic country house with formal terraced gardens overlooking the surrounding countryside, and has been converted to seven luxuriously appointed, one bedroom, en-suite apartments and a three bedroom, all en-suite ground floor apartment.
Staffield Hall was converted in 2005 by the owners using their wealth of experience of the “luxury self catering market” to provide romantic accommodation for a break at any time of the year, an ideal honeymoon location or for those to celebrate special occasions enabling you to relax in the tranquillity and splendour in a style lost to all but the privileged few.
The apartments are furnished and equipped to the highest of standards achieving VB 5 star rating, most are fitted with Jacuzzi baths, all have power showers, designer kitchen equipped with microwave, dishwasher, fridge & freezer, fan ovens and halogen hobs. The lounges have flat screen digital LCD TVs and DVD/CD players. Free wireless broadband access is available within the properties. All have pay telephones. Romantic bedrooms, one with a four poster bed, others with double and super King size beds (some can be converted to twin beds, please advise when booking), all with co-ordinating bed linen including towels and dressing gowns for adult guests.
Staffield Hall is a very special venue for a small family gathering or a reunion of old friends that can comfortably cater for up to 18 people.
Dove Cote is centrally heated and comprises:
* Entrance hall.
* Lounge/dining room.
* Bathroom with spa bath and power shower. Double bedroom with super King size bed.
* All electric, bed linen, towels and dressing gowns provided for adult guests.
* Ample private parking.
* Shared use of the grounds.
CLICK HERE to see all our Penrith and Eden Valley Cottages
Additional amenities include: october half term availability, 5* cottages, open fire or wb stove no, garden or outdoor area, no. bathrooms: 1, romantic breaks, penrith and eden valley, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, bedrooms 1: 1, parking facilities: private parking, sleeps 2, easter availability, february half term availability, visit britain 5*, cottages for 2, valentine availability, pets no, summer school holidays, bathrooms 1: 1, changeover any day, midweek & weekend short break, star grading: 5*, no. bedrooms: 1, double beds: 1, pub within walking distance, price sh1 from £565 pw....Read more
"Excellent location but the property itself, although well appoin"
Left on 09/12/2013 for a stay in August 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Sep 12, 2013Stayed Aug 2013
The property was in an ideal location in the Eden Valley and with easy access to the Lakes. Inside the apartment was well appointed but smaller than the pictures led us to believe and the small windows restricted what would otherwise be spectacular views. The interior decor was in need of freshening up and several marks to the paintwork were evident. I would not have expected a request to clean the apartment prior to departure for a property in this price bracket.
Left on 03/01/2013 for a stay in February 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Mar 1, 2013Stayed Feb 2013
We stayed in Dove Cote, up in the eaves. Very comfortable apartment with a gracious feel and contemporary and quality furniture and fittings. Whole house is quiet with an air of grandeur and countryside perfect for walking, cycling etc. A good short break, quiet/retreat type of place.
Only a few niggles: shower kept on breaking down; wifi aerial broken, so had to sit downstairs (2 flights down) to go online; a little too pricey for what it offers - only a tea & coffee welcome pack/tray & bath robes which had been washed many times.
Left on 01/17/2013 for a stay in December 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jan 17, 2013Stayed Dec 2012
Very nice and comfortable apartment right on the edge of the Lake District - easy access to the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District.
Let down a little by a few small things:
- If you book to stay at Stafford Hall, take note the address for it is on your invoice, i.e. buried in an attachment of your booking confirmation. We later received an email with our door access codes, and we mistook the physical address at the header of this email to be the address of the accommodation. So we ended up at another set of holiday apartments owned by the same people who run Stafford Hall (fortunate as he could give us directions). It didn't add too much time to the journey, but is poor communication to provide so much information about your stay but only mention the actual address, once, on an invoice, in an attachment emailed to months before your stay
- The kitchen sink had no hot water for 6 of the 7 days, mildly annoying when you consider we stayed in very late December
- Internet did not work for 3 of the days, not serious as it was a relaxing break, but for others this might be more serious
- No real warnings on how much hot water the bathrooms have, so found myself showering, turning off, then turning on again to very cold water. We soon learnt the limits of hot water supply and how much showering time we had
- Found bed or pillows to be incredibly firm or uncomfortable, neither of us slept through the night, maybe not a bad thing...
- A very minor niggle, we would encourage the managers of Stafford Hall supply better quality cleaning products. This for their own benefit. The ceramic hob cleaner supplied was of poor quality, we left the hob only partially cleaned. Similar comments on the quality of the dishwasher tablets, washing-up cloths and so on.
- There were a few blow flies about (in December),this because we were in the country?
None of this contributed to a bad stay, we enjoyed ourselves, this feedback is intended to help make improvements.
Left on 10/24/2012 for a stay in October 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Oct 24, 2012Stayed Oct 2012
The flat was very warm and comfortable - comfortable furniture, kitchen area well equipped for real cooking. It was beautifully clean when we arrived and a particular bonus was the very helpful and efficient service provided by the housekeeper. The wet summer detracted from the walking in the area - the field paths were not inviting, but that was no-one's fault! The only disappointment was the internet service. We had chosen this flat partly because it provided wifi - we were there for four weeks while 'between houses' and needed connections for sorting out our affairs. The wifi in the building was excellent, but the service beyond that was woeful - BT does not provided an adequate bandwidth on the phone in that area for an adequate connection. That was not the fault of the owners but it is something to bear in mind if the wifi connection is important to you.
Minimum stay and check-in day vary by time of the year.
All prices include all taxes, gas, electric and bed linen. Please check property description to see if towels, logs, coal and cots are included free of charge or at a supplement. If a pet friendly property, the charge is £20 per pet per week/part week. Please telephone or email us for short break availability and prices.
- manager terms apply
Request more information
Contact the manager
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
DOVE COTE, Kirkoswald, Eden Valley
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 2
Kirkoswald, United Kingdom
Cottage Holiday Group
Please Enter the Verification Code
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before
trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.