Ban Mekkala is a new home which has been designed to accentuate comfortable and convenient living in a tropical environment. An imposing entrance opens to reveal a truly contemporary home. The stunning location and spacious design combines with luxury, modern technology and high quality furnishings to create a hideaway for those seeking a relaxing retreat, or fun getaway.
Upon entering the villa compound, you are enticed into the residence over a peaceful stepped pond filled with Koi fish and the stunning view through the property to the glistening ocean in the distance. The main entrance to the villa leads directly into the cavernous interior of the combined living, dining and kitchen areas. This grand room situated on the second level of the main house creates a laid-back feel through the use of space, open-plan design and the stunning view that can be enjoyed from all angles through full length windows which run across the expanse of the building.
Contained within this area is the enormous gourmet kitchen, a twelve seat dining table, and the living/entertainment area furnished with modern Thai decor and a state-of-the-art audio/visual system equipped with plasma TV and surround sound technology which is linked to every part of the house (inside and out) so your favourite tunes can be enjoyed from wherever you are!
You leave this area through a large covered balcony and move down to the ground level via a staircase overlooking a waterfall feature that flows into an internal courtyard below. This level contains the six bedrooms consisting of three different styles (two bedrooms per design). All bedrooms feature en-suite bathrooms with large walk-in showers and bath tubs, and there's a TV/DVD player with individual satellite TV unit too. The ground floor of the main building houses bedrooms five & six and also a steam room. Moving down the established garden there are four more individual bedroom pavilions. Bedrooms three and four are the first two on either side of the central lawn and these rooms benefit from an additional outdoor shower in their own private courtyards.
Bedrooms one and two are the Master Bedrooms and the largest of all with the added their own personal surround sound stereos that can be isolated from the system in the main house.
At this far end of the property you'll find the villa's large swimming pool with incredible sunken sun benches. There's an outdoor dining pavilion as well as a barbecue and kitchen for the ultimate outdoor dining experience. Beyond the pool is the peaceful Laem Sor beach.
Ban Mekkala is the ultimate getaway home that provides the best of all things desired. With an understated design style, its extensive living space and idyllic location provide residents with privacy and seclusion. However, when required, the added entertainment features of the property make it perfect for that family reunion, holiday with friends or wedding celebration.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time. VILLA FACILITIES
* Large balcony as well as extensive garden with sun beds and outdoor dining pavilion and kitchen
* Private swimming pool
* Private outdoor showers
* Private spa room
* Apple TV, connected to the web
* 120" outdoor HD projector screens
* Plasma TV with high-tech AV unit
* X-BOX 360
* iPad/iPhone docking stations in all bedrooms
* Bose sound system
* Direct beach access
* Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
* Fully equipped kitchen
* All bedrooms are air-conditioned
* Individual Satellite TV units in each bedroom
* Sea kayaks for Guests use
* Boat channel and stand-up paddle board
* The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatment as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
* Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further help ensuring guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
* Bed linen is changed every third day, while towels are changed as necessary
* Pool towels are provided and replenished as deemed necessary
* On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account. Terms private tours can also be arranged
* Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
* Baby sitting service on request and availability
* In-Villa wine selection
* In-Villa spa treatment with extended menu
Additional amenities include: beachfront villa, corporate retreat villas, 5 5, private pool & jacuzzi, chemical free pool, wellness watersport villas, fiber optic internet, thai chef, yes, group couples villa, kids pool....Read more
Ban Mekkala Koh Samui, Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Additional Location Information
* On the southern coast of Koh Samui some 35 minutes from the Airport and 15 minutes from the town of Lamai.
* In the Summer low tide season when the reef is dry for up to 100m, this opens the beach and reef up to all sorts of other activities such as beach volleyball, football or simply exploring the rock pools and collecting shellfish, a safe and ideal exciting activity for children.
Last updated on February 04, 2015
Not available for your dates?Not available for your dates? Check availability for
845 other Koh Samui rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.