Baan Rattana Thep is an exciting eclectic mix of styles that incorporates artwork, colours, antique furniture and contemporary designs. Recognisable influences from around the South East Asia region can be seen everywhere you look. The finish and furnishings certainly make this a unique and artistic property.
Once inside, a large solid wooden dining table with bench seats is surrounded by colourful ceramic pots, ornate furniture, traditional wall mounted Thai figurines and abstract artwork. In this villa the kitchen is divided from the dining area by sliding dark wood and glass doors. Dark wood floors, doors and frames are a feature throughout this exceptional property.
The fully equipped kitchen has wooden units with polished black surfaces and is illuminated by hanging red lampshades and matching red seat covers on the breakfast bar stools. A flat-screen TV is mounted on one wall.
To the right of the dining area are two ground floor bedrooms. At the rear the twin bedroom has dark, highly polished wooden floors, traditionally styled solid teak beds, and benches on the terrace to sit and enjoy the front garden. Orange and green cushions add colour to the room which is mirrored in the curtain details. The en-suite bathroom has brown mosaic tiles in the shower room.
The front ground floor bedroom has a traditionally styled four-poster bed with pink silk cushions and matching throw. In the corner is a comfortable pink arm chair and white curtains are coordinated with a delicate pink pattern. Other than the flat-screen TV the rest of the furniture is made up of individual antique pieces such as a gold painted bedside cabinet; a red oriental cabinet; and a black wooden desk. There's a walk in dressing area and in the bathroom, twin sinks, a shower room and a free-standing bathtub. The inner garden has an outdoor shower surrounded by plants and a large sandstone wall carving.
Stairs lead up to two more bedrooms. At the rear is a pretty twin room with the beds placed on an angle in the corner of the room. Floral curtains and colourful accessories provide a light and bright atmosphere. The balcony gives views over the front garden and the bathroom has a shower room with brown mosaic tiles.
The master suite at the front is another room with carefully chosen antiques which really catch the eye. The dark wood four-poster bed has bright cushions and to the side is a stylish wooden cabinet with an unusual glass lamp. The flat-screen TV sits on a beautiful, decoratively painted, antique oriental cabinet offering a stark contrast between new and old. The slate tiled balcony has a modern table and chairs overlooking the garden, pool and ocean. The bathroom has a sunken bath and is dressed with pretty orchids.
As you walk back through the dining area and down the steps onto the slate tiled terrace, two large elephant statues guide you towards a centre piece planted with a fantastic Frangipani tree. To the left is the final bedroom pavilion with a tradition teak double bed, a blue armchair and blue patterned curtains. More antique furniture and a plasma TV complete the room. The bathroom has a free-standing bathtub, shower room, and an inner garden with outdoor shower and carved sandstone wall feature.
A planted area separates this from the living pavilion and once again this room has a fascinating collection of artefacts that will have something of interest to everyone who visits. Large oriental cabinets stand proud alongside ornate chairs, with ceramics, lamps and ornaments adding interest and colour. Comfortable upholstered sofas are decorated with different coloured cushions to match the curtains. The end of the lounge looks across the garden through a traditional sala, with a dining table and bench seats, and out to sea. To the right of the lounge is the blue-tiled swimming pool surrounded by a decked area and with a path leading down to a further sala with a kitchen, bathroom and entertainment area. From here are steps that lead through a Thai-style entrance pagoda with wooden doors that open to give access to the beach.The villa is located within sight of the Raja Ferry where locals commute from the island to the mainland. The ferry pier can also be a decent reminder that when you live in these peaceful surroundings, others are travelling in the busy parallel universe.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time. VILLA FACILITIES
* Private infinity edge swimming pool with outdoor Jacuzzi
* Direct beach frontage
* Beach Sala ideal for BBQ's and al fresco dining
* Plasma TV, Satellite and DVD/CD player, Hi-Fi system with outdoor speakers
* Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
* Fully equipped kitchen with design fixtures
* Local Phone and Fax lines and wireless broadband ADSL internet access by the pool
* All guest bedrooms are en-suite, air conditioned and equipped with personal safe
* Living room air conditioned and with full length folding doors
* Secure gated community
* Use of Common Area Gym facilities including Sauna & Fitness Centre
* The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organize activities, massage and spa treatment as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
* Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further help ensuring guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
* Bed linen is changed every third day
* Pool & Bath Towels are provided and changed as necessary. We do appreciate our guests help to conserve water usage and thus sustaining our pristine island environment
* On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favorites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account. Terms private tours can also be arranged
* Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
* Baby sitting service on request and availability
* In-villa spa treatment with extended menu
Additional amenities include: beachfront villa, corporate retreat villas, pool & jacuzzi, in villa treatment, cctv, wifi adsl, thai chef, club house, group couples villa.TripAdvisor property ID 3513891...Read more
* Daily rates of 5 bedroom start from US$ 1,000 to 2,000 depending to season
* Reduced occupancy rates of 4 bedrooms avaialbe from US$ 900 to 1,000 in intermediate and high season
* Reduced occupancy rates of 3 bedrooms avialable from US$ 800 to 900 in intermediate and high season
* Rates shown are for a maximum of 10 (ten) Guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
* Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
* Rates include daily Continental breakfast
* Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
* Airport transfer: US$ 50 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
* Baby cot provided free of charge upon request
* For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
Additional fees may apply:
- Service chart | 10% of rent
/ night + / night + additional fees additional fees
Request more information
Contact the manager
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.