The charming Baan Tawan Chai truly represents the peaceful lifestyle of living on a tropical island. Being situated alone and on an excellent flat and wide beach this property leads you to believe that you could be the only people on the island!
A sliding gateway opens into a small corner landscaped garden and driveway. Stepping stones and a few small steps lead you up to where the property opens out and reveals its beautiful and private central courtyard with swimming pool and sala.
Three separate pavilions make up the property and each looks out onto the central area and across the gardens to the beach and the ocean beyond.
The first pavilion sits at the rear of the property facing through the grounds to the beach and houses a very comfortable open-plan lounge, dining area and kitchen. Furnished with a mixture of natural material such as water-hyacinth, teak and colourful soft furnishings this room has a very homely feeling aided by the vaulted wooden beamed ceiling. Individual pieces of furniture add character, such as the hand-carved teak coffee table depicting a Thai jungle scene complete with elephants.
The fully fitted western kitchen occupies an alcove at the rear of the room and the dark wood units and chrome appliances make this a stylish and well equipped kitchen.
Directly in front of this pavilion is an exquisitely manicured grassed area with decked areas for sun beds and ornate wooden lamps and ornaments.
To the right there's an outdoor dining area and a planted area with a stone statue water feature. This links to an exceptionally well fitted outdoor kitchen and bar. This modern outdoor kitchen is similar in design to the indoor kitchen and is complemented by a reclaimed teak wagon-wheel fashioned into a bar. There's a further lawn area, a reclaimed teak swing bench and another outdoor dining area.
In front of this is the second pavilion that houses two double, en-suite bedrooms and a further lounge area. The first double bedroom looks onto the pool and is nicely furnished and accessorised. The en-suite bathroom has both an indoor and an outdoor shower area.
The second double bedroom is a copy of the first and again it has been dressed exquisitely with colourful silks and artworks. At the front of the pavilion is a living area with comfortable sofas and seats, a large flat screen TV and incredible views over the garden, the beach and the sea. There's a terrace at the front that also has seats from where you can relax and enjoy the peace of the location.
The blue-tiled pool sits in the centre of the courtyard and has a separate Jacuzzi. The pool also wraps around an exceptional tile-roofed sala feature which has stylish teak armchairs and a more contemporary, yet comfortable, chez-lounge.
Walking along the edge of the pool terrace brings you to the final pavilion. In here is the stunning master suite. A terrace at the front affords the views across the garden and the beach, and inside there's a large bed dressed with Thai silks, a seating area with a coffee table and another chez-lounge. Modern Thai artwork adorns the wall above the bed and adds to the overall elegance of the room. In the large en-suite bathroom there's an indoor and outdoor shower as well as a luxurious outdoor bathtub.
Set behind the master suite is a further well furnished and attractive double bedroom with en-suite bathroom which also features an indoor and outdoor shower. This is a particularly striking room with Thai artwork and silk throws and cushions all following an orange theme. The room is finished off with a sumptuous orange sofa facing out over the garden and pool.
To the front of the property stepping stones lead from the terraces of both the master suite and the living area across the expansive lawn and to the gate that accesses the beach. The whole front garden area is enclosed by natural screening of planted bamboo which provides privacy without affecting the natural beauty of the view. The beach is accessed via a bamboo gate and it is wide and flat. To the left is a peninsula of stunning natural rock formations adding to the privacy of this bay.
This is a well thought out and designed home in an exceptionally private and serene beachfront location. The landscaping with ornaments and tropical planting enhances the overall aesthetics of the property; the furnishings are a mix of natural materials, traditional Thai styling and some contemporary touches which, together with the beamed ceilings, gives the property a charming and comfortable almost country cottage feel. The outdoor kitchen and bar area together with the sala and the sizeable garden make this an ideal property for entertaining and enjoying the outdoor Samui lifestyle.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time. VILLA FACILITIES
* Infinity private pool
* Pool deck with sala
* Direct beach access
* TV satellite and DVD players in living room only
* Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
* All bedrooms and living area are air conditioned
* A kayak
* Ipod and dock
* Free Broadband Internet cable
* The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all your specific needs and help organise guests stay with activities, massage and spa treatment as well as dealing with any matter arising at the villa
* Our Guest Relations private tours can also be arranged
* Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
* In-villa spa treatment with extended menu
* Baby sitting service on request and availability
Additional amenities include: beachfront villa, pool & jacuzzi, spa treatment on site, chef on request, wifi adsl, 3 3 staff, group couples villa....Read more
* Daily rates of 4 bedroom start from US$ 650 to 900 depending to season
* Reduced occupancy rates of 3 bedrooms available from US$ 550 to 600 in intermediate and high season
* Rates shown are for a maximum of 8 (eight) Guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
* Rates include daily Continental breakfast
* Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
* Airport transfer: US$ 50 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
* Baby cot provided free of charge upon request
* For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
Additional fees may apply:
- Service chart | 10% of rent
/ night + / night + additional fees additional fees
Request more information
Contact the manager
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.