Baan Kuno occupies a stunning location on the North shore of Koh Samui in Bophut Hills and enjoys incredible ocean views of both Chaweng and Bophut. Despite its hill top location Baan Kuno is very easy to reach by car without any white knuckle driving moments.
*Open-plan airy chic design*
The off road parking area at the entrance to the villa has ample space for two large cars. From the parking area the villa is reached through two impressive teak doors that lead onto a stepping stone path that meanders across the beautifully landscaped lush tropical gardens. A flight of stairs leads up to the main entrance hall that is light and airy and has some attractive artworks on its walls. From here double doors open up onto the open plan living, dining and kitchen area as well as the pool terrace.
The fully equipped modern, western style kitchen has a large fridge freezer with drinks dispenser, a built in electric fan oven, a microwave and a three ring gas hob. The kitchen is separated from the dining area by a breakfast bar that can seat up to four.
The dining area has a large teak dining table that can comfortably seat up to six diners. The living area has a glass wall to the front aspect from where the spectacular views can be enjoyed as well as a comfortable L shaped sofa, a flat screen TV with surround sound and a DVD player.
*Suntrap haven with plenty of shaded retreats*
The infinity swimming pool also offers incredible views. The large pool terrace has non slip tiles and four comfortable sun loungers. There is a guest WC and rain shower next to the pool and the concertina glass doors between the terrace and the living area open fully to provide the ultimate indoor outdoor living experience. The terrace then extends across the width of the lounge and is flanked by glass safety walls so the view is not interrupted.
*Private spacious ensuite bedrooms providing the perfect private space*
The upstairs master bedroom can be found across from the lounge. This room also has a balcony to the front aspect with glass safety walls. From here the view is breathtaking. This bedroom has a large and comfortable bed, behind which is a useful office area. The en-suite bathroom has his and hers sinks as well as a rain shower and private WC. From here a split level staircase takes you past a large window where more incredible views can be enjoyed to the lower level.
The second master bedroom, directly below the first, has all of the same features and is the same in size and layout as the one above. Both these rooms have been tastefully decorated with wooden artworks created by an artist from Chiang Mai. Both rooms also benefit from flat screen TV's and DVD players and jaw dropping views of both the gardens and the ocean.
The third bedroom, found on this level, is a twin bedroom with its own ocean view balcony and en-suite bathroom. The forth bedroom can be found to the rear of the lower level and has a double bed and en-suite bathroom and garden view balcony. Each of the bedrooms has a rechargeable torch, a hair dryer and ample storage space.
There is a large store room on this level that houses batteries that are charged from the state of the art solar paneling system. This is an especially useful feature during times when the island experiences power cuts as well as being eco friendly. There is fifth bedroom with a comfortable single bed and garden views. Steps from here lead past the staff quarters and onto the garden that has large BBQ and dining terrace with beautiful ocean views. This property has been beautifully designed and has high end fixtures and fittings.
*Interior design with a touch of class*
The tasteful décor throughout the property has been handpicked by the owners who have paid (email: hidden)ention to details. The property is light and breezy and offers a great deal of privacy. The layout of this property makes it ideal for couples sharing and will be especially attractive to those who care about the environment.
Rental Rates Include:
• Applicable booking charges and VAT
• Unlimited electric and water usage
• Fulltime resident on-site staff (daily cleaning / maid service
• Bed linen changed twice weekly, pool towels changed as necessary.
• Daily Maid service
• Chef Service: Complimentary for beakfast & lunch (food cost on guest account)
• English speaking Guest Manager
• Welcome/information Pack with the 'owner's recommendations'
• Airport transfers (one each way complimentary). Additional $45 / transfer
• Baby cot and highchair
• Free WI-FI throughout the villa
• Digital Safe for important belongings
• 24/7 Security around the villa
• Special discounts for rental car hire, up to 25% off
Rental Rates Exclude:
• Service charge 10% (one-off payment covering all services included)
• Private Chef (evening) @ 1,000 THB per setting + food cost
• Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage
Tax rate 10% of rent tax rate
• 10% service tax is added to the rates (covering all services included - no further service will apply during stay)
• Rates are for entire villa (5 bed/sleeps 10), for 2 bed/sleeps4, please deduct $100 per night to low, high & easter seasons
• Rates for 2 bed/sleeps 4 - The other bedrooms are locked. Guests still have FULL PRIVATE use of all the villa facilities
Special Offers (please enquire to receive discounts):
• Free Nights: Pay 5 nights and stay 6 nights (on daily rates)
• Early Bird Discount 10%: for bookings made 120 days in advance (with deposit paid)
• Discounted Car Hire: up to 25% Off Car Rentals
Note: Free nights & Early Bird are not applicable for Easter / Xmas Seasons
Note: Early Bird is not available for lower occupancy rates
Note: Promotions cannot be combined
• Terms & Conditions apply which will be sent to guest for signature
• As a form of security (and for peace of mind) for the villa owner, the Guest Manager will request on arrival a fully refundable $300 or 10,000 THB (cash only).
• Please note that any minor damage / breakages shall be charged at the end of your stay, at replacement value. If required, damages must be paid and will be requested by the General Manager and paid in full before departure....Read more
Baan Kuno: Infinity pool with stunning sea-views Koh Samui, Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Additional Location Information
Bophut is only a five minute drive from the villa and well worth a visit, especially in the evening. Bo Phut is one of Samui's oldest settlements and remains a quaint little fishing village, with several of the seafront shop houses converted into restaurants. The beach itself is some two kilometers of white sand, and the tranquility of the bay makes this a popular spot for water skiing. Located within Bophut is Fisherman's Village, where you will find a charming and romantic atmosphere, perfect for a little privacy, with a whole array of restaurants and bars to suit all tastes. Customers of the villa exclusively have discounts to select restaurants and bars in this area.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, Warm winter getaways
Nearest airport: Samui, 4 miles Nearest ferry port: Nathon, 15 miles Car is not necessary
Last updated on February 23, 2015
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 724 other Koh Samui rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.