The charming city of La Paz is an unforgettable Baja California vacation destination. The wide range of beaches, outdoor attractions and one of the best waterfronts in the entire country provide all the necessary ingredients for a relaxing getaway in the sun. Some of the best nightspots and restaurants in La Paz can be found along the Marina Costa Baja, while your best bet for picturesque views and souvenir shops is the waterfront.
While you are in La Paz, be sure to save time for these other sites and activities as well:
- Museo de Antropologia: Learn more about the culture and heritage of La Paz at this popular museum.
- Catedral de Nuestra Senora de la Paz: Built almost 150 years ago, the old gothic architecture of this popular church is certainly worth a visit.
- Malecon Plaza: Musical acts can be found performing on most weekends near the two-story white gazebo at this popular downtown square.
- Biblioteca de Las Californias: With a focus on the history of Baja California, the library has an impressive collection of historical documents and also houses a children's cultural center.
- Go surfing: There are plenty of places along the waterfront to take lessons from local surfing pros or rent boards for the day.
- Go to the Beach: Some of the most popular beaches in the city include Playa Caimancito and Playa el Tecolote.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in La Paz. Book a luxury condo with waterfront views or a spacious villa with high-end amenities and all the comforts of home. If you are planning a romantic getaway, rent a cozy apartment for two just steps from all that downtown has to offer.
The beautiful weather throughout the year in La Paz means that there is an abundance of outdoor events and festivals to enjoy whenever you decide to visit. Watch world-class volleyball players compete at the Corona Open Volleyball Tournament in August, sample some of the best rock music in Mexico at the four-day Baja Prog Festival in March, or watch the elaborate parades and costumes throughout the streets of La Paz during the February celebration of Carnaval, the Mexican version of Mardi Gras.
Although you can have a great vacation just by staying in La Paz, there are other quaint towns and larger cities within a short drive. If you have some extra time, visit the unique towns of El Zacatal and San Pedro, just a 45 minute drive away, or head approximately 50 miles north to the sprawling beaches of Cabo San Lucas.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.