50 Shades of Paradise! Costa Baja Hm-Spring Special!
From $350 / night
Description from the owner
Description from the owner
Beautiful hillside residence at the 5-star Costa Baja Resort. Located on hole #10 on the Gary Player Signature golf course with stunning views of the Sea of Cortez. Our home and all furnishings are brand new. 3 bedrooms (King master suite, king and bunk room); sleeps 7-8. We love to cook and entertain so the kitchen is fully stocked (including juicer, blender, food processor, Le Creuset etc). The living room and master bedroom have HD smart TVs, WiFi/SKY cable and Apple TV. The patio is the perfect place to BBQ, have a cocktail and watch the sunset. Use our golf cart to drive down to the marina restaurants and explore all the amenities on the...Read more
About the owner
About the owner
- Response rate: 5%
- Response time: A few hours
- Calendar updated: 7 days ago
5.0 / 5.0
50 Shades of Paradise! Costa Baja Hm-Spring Special! La Paz, Baja California, Mexico
Additional Location Information
La Paz, discovered in 1535 by Cortez, written about by John Steinbeck in the 1940's (The Pearl) and explored by Jacques Cousteau in the 1960's-- this is a destination that should not be missed!!!
10 Reasons to check out La Paz (in no particular order)
1) WEATHER: The average temperature is 80 degrees and there is about 350 days of sunshine. Need I say more...
2) ADVENTURE: Boating, kayaking, snorkeling, swimming w/ whale sharks, paddle boarding, hiking, tennis, golf (these are just my fav's, the list is limitless!)
3) FOOD: This is foodie heaven! Fresh seafood is the main fare. In addition to great Mexican food you will find amazing Italian, Greek, Sushi, Chinese and Argentinian BBQ. If you are a fellow foodie, ask for our insider's list of restaurants, and for fun, check out the La Paz/Baja episodes of "Bizarre Foods" and "Mexico - One Plate at a Time" with Rick Bayless.
4) FISHING: My husband insisted that this was a separate adventure category. Let me know if you are interested, we know one of the best guides in town. We do a combination of fly fishing and tackle fishing for dorado, yellow tail, rooster fish and marlin. (Steinbeck's Restaurant at the Costa Baja hotel will cook your catch any way you request).
5) BEACHES: Several great beaches within 30 minutes! Our favorites: Balandra, Tecolote and the Costa Baja Beach (just a golf cart ride down the hill).
6) The MALECON: 4-mile boardwalk along the Sea of Cortez and the best part of town. A great place to start your day with a stroll or experience this local hot-spot in the evening. Along the path you will see lots of public art, stores, bars, restaurants, pangas for hire, and places to book outings.
7) NATURE: My son is almost 6 - he loves the desert and all of the amazing creatures that we see around our home: tropical birds (including the hummingbird that frequents our patio every morning), scorpions (that he hunts every night with a black UV light) and geckos (that he finds and keeps for pets during our stay).
8) ESPIRITU SANTU ISLAND: Known as the "Jewel of the Sea of Cortez" -- and one of the greatest marine reserves in the world! You can whale-watch, swim with the sea lions, bird-watch, snorkel, dive, hike, kayak, camp or experience the best sport fishing in Baja Sur. There is so much to do and explore!
9) IT's NOT CABO: You will find everything you love about Cabo (unless you are college student on spring break) and you will appreciate La Paz for being peaceful, good-value, not overly commercialized, friendly and safe!
10) COSTA BAJA RESORT: this is the only 5-start resort in La Paz. It has everything you could ask for and more! My favorites include the spectacular setting, the Gary Player Golf Course (not only to golf, but to stroll and eat breakfast at the golf club), beach-side tennis courts, the many pool options--mostly the one next to my home and the beach club pool, gym, spa, the fabulous restaurants at the hotel and in the marina, and the exceptional, friendly service of everyone from the concierge to the cab-driver!
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, Waterfront