La Moda is an historic 19th century Lake Como villa which has kept the most romantic features of its past. Its owner is an Italian fashion designer who has done a beautiful renovation, turning it into a modern home providing all the conveniences and comforts to fully enjoy a vacation with family and friends.
La Moda rents from SATURDAY to SATURDAY
The amenities include air conditioned bedrooms, satellite TV, WiFi Internet, outdoor barbecue, bikes, canoes and a lakeside garden area for relaxing by the water.
From the villa, it is possible to walk into the village of Laglio, where there are shops and restaurants. There is a bus stop at 50 meters and a ferry less than a mile away. If you would like to tour the area by car, there is also space for parking three cars.
La Moda has a prime location, directly on the lake shore with its own private dock and lake access. The interior layout features three levels and may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties.
George Clooney's famous Lake Como residence is also in Laglio, not far away.
La Moda offers our special “arrive and relax” package:
A simple typical dinner is provided on your arrival night. This is a welcome sight after a long flight and will allow you to check in, unpack and relax. You will find the dinner in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The dinner is also suitable for vegetarian guests. It basically consists of a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
Entrance level first floor:
- Eat-in kitchen with table for eight, large refrigerator, espresso maker, American coffee machine, six burner stove, two ovens, toaster, dishwasher.
- Living room with working fireplace, two sofas and a dining area which opens towards the terrace for al fresco dining.
- Green bedroom with lake view, air conditioning, double bed.
- Liberty style bathroom with tub.
- Red bedroom with twin beds (two beds of 90cm x 180cm that cannot be turned in one double), air conditioning.
- Yellow bedroom with twin beds (two beds of 90cm x 180cm that can be turned in one double), air conditioning.
The two bedrooms share a bathroom with tub and shower.
- Suite Fornasetti with twin beds (90cm x 200cm), lake view, air conditioning, safe.
- Bathroom with wonderful marble basin. Large Jacuzzi shower with chromotherapy.
Lower level and garden:
- Family room with plasma satellite TV, Sky TV, DVD and stereo. There is a comfortable space to watch a movie, listen to music or play billiards while gazing at the garden below. A sofa bed is available upon request.
- Guests’ powder room
- Laundry room with washing machine, iron and ironing board.
From this level there is a garden stairway with flowers that leads to the lakeside intimate garden with chairs and sun beds. The garden is shadowed by a century old Lebanon Cedar tree and an Olea fragrans (fragant olive) which perfumes the air with its white flowers. In the middle is a small fish pond with a waterfall and a bronze statue representing a fawn.
The interiors are beautiful with stylish furnishings, both ancient and modern. Italian artists and designers represented include Fornasetti, Gae Aulenti and Castelli Minettti.
Located on the western shore of the lake, La Moda's position is ideal for roaming around Lake Como by boat or by car. Every corner of Lake Como has much to offer, including historic sites, charming villages and mountain trails.
Booking fee: 35 Euros
Bed and bath linen: Included--bed linens changed on Saturday, bath linens changed on Wednesday and Saturday
Maid service included: 3 hours each Monday, Thursday and Saturday
Final cleaning: 250 Euros
Electricity: Charged according to usage, with the first 50 Euros per week free
Heating and air conditioning: Charged according to usage with the first 50 Euros per week free
Telephone: Charged according to usage
Security deposit: 1500 Euros
Utility deposit for heating (seasonal): 350 Euros
Extra bed (max 1 adult/child/baby): 250 Euros per week
Pets: Only upon request and owner approval -- 70 Euros per week
Available on request: Cook service, baby sitting, transfer, laundry, additional maid service
Additional amenities include: dock/boat-slip, lakeside, maid service, standard first dinner included, near the village, bikes available.TripAdvisor property ID 2475105...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.