Need a place to stay in Vegas? Stay at the Grand Desert and take advantage of this resort.
#1 = king
#2 = (2) doubles
plus queen sofa sleeper
These are CONDOs. Each condo has a full kitchen, living room and a washer and dryer! The kitchen is equipped with most everything you will need to cook with and eat on. Cookware, cups, plates, utensils, etc.
If you don't like walking through a casino with hundreds of slot machines to get your room and would like a little peace and quiet after the frenzy of the Strip, Wyndham Grand Desert is the place for you. You will have the best of both worlds, a family oriented resort and all the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas rolled up in one vacation experience. Located within walking distance of Las Vegas Blvd near the MGM Grand and New York New York, the resort also offers a free continuous shuttle service to/from Harrah's Casino located in the heart of the Strip. There are 3 outdoor pools, 4 hot tubs, exercise equipment and a game room as well as an Activity Center for the children.
Reservation: A Guest Certificate will be issued upon receipt of payment. No refund of the guest certificate fee ($139) will be given once the Guest Certificate has been issued. The remaining reservation is refundable up to 16 days prior to start of travel. The person checking in must be named on the Guest Certificate, be at least 21 years old with a picture ID and major credit card to secure the refundable security deposit required at check-in. This is a requirement by Wyndham Vacation Resorts. These units do not get daily maid service. Clean towels are available upon request.
Wyndham Grand Desert Questions
• Airport Shuttle Service: There is no shuttle service from the airport to the Wyndham Grand Desert, but there will be many taxis and shuttle services available at the airport ready to take you to your destination. You may also pre-reserve services through an internet search.
• Baggage hold: The front desk is able to hold your baggage for you in a secure location if you arrive early before your room is ready. They are also able to hold your bags on checkout day if you are not ready to leave Las Vegas after the checkout time.
• Changing Guest Name: If you wish to change the name of the person checking in, there will be a ($99) fee in order to change the name.
• Check-in: To check in when you arrive at the resort, you will check in at the front desk like a hotel. Just provide them with your name that printed in the confirmation letter.
o Early Check-in: You can arrive early and complete your registration paperwork. The front desk will hold your luggage and they will call you when your room is ready. It is possible your room will be ready early.
• Deposit: There is a $150 dollar credit deposit hold that will be placed on your card when you arrive and will be returned to you upon your leave.
• Guest Certificate: Any change in the guest name for the guest certificate will have a fee of ($99).
• Check-out: To check out stop by the front desk to let them know you are leaving. Check out time is at 10 am but you can request a late checkout of 11 am (see Late Check-out).
• Clean up: You do NOT need to clean up prior to leaving, just be reasonable.
• Computers: There is a computer room where you can go on computers or play chess. There is also free Wi-Fi located in each room. It is heavily used and occasionally it gets bogged down at night.
• Cribs: Complimentary pack and plays are provided if you ask for one when you check-in.
• Discounted Show Tickets: The resort provides great discounts on many show tickets. These are great deals. If you ask the front desk they will lead you to the gift desk and there they can show you all the shows they are offering. A List of shows offered can be found online. Once you arrive at the grand desert you are able to ask how much they would cost for you.
• Discounts: In the resort there is a book at the concierge which shows you all the attractions and shows that are offered and their discounts, and locations of restaurants near the Grand Desert.
• Dishwasher: There is a dishwasher along with dishwasher soap. If you need more soap you can ask the front desk and they will provide you will more.
• Distance to MGM : .5 miles
• Distance to strip: It is one long Las Vegas block to the south end of the strip. Many people walk from the Grand Desert to the southern end of the strip in approximately 10 minutes; others use the complimentary shuttle service (see Strip Shuttle Service), a taxi, or a combination of both.
• Extra Resort Fees: There are no extra resort fees, but you can choose to pay for extra services like massages.
• Game room: There are free movies and games that you can checkout and bring to your room. There are also games and activities at certain times provided for the kids.
• Grocery Store Shuttle Service: Because there is not a grocery store within walking distance, there is a shuttle that can take you for $5.00 per person to the grocery store. For this shuttle you have to sign up ahead of time and it normally goes to the store at 8:30 am.
• Grocery Store: There is not a grocery store within walking distance but there is a shuttle(see Grocery Store Shuttle Service)
• Guest Checking in: The person checking in must be over21 years of age and have a valid ID.
• Gym: There is a free gym. There is a picture in the ad.
• Hot Tubs: There are 4 outdoor hot tubs
• Kitchenware: There is a stocked kitchen with pots, pans, plates, bowls of many sizes, cups of different sizes, utensils, scissors, , knives, a blender, a toaster, big bowls and dishes for cooking in the oven or serving and preparing food, cooking and serving utensils, a coffee machine, a microwave, oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, and measuring cups.
• Late Check-out: You may request a late checkout when you arrive at the Wyndham Grand Desert. The late check-out time is 11am. Late check-outs are allowed upon availability. If your flight leaves later than this the front desk is able to give you a pass that lets you use the pool, gym, computer, and game room.
• Laundry: There is a washing and drying machine in each condo along with provided laundry soap. If you need more soap you can ask the front desk and they will provide you will more.
• Lost Keys: Lost your room key? No problem just head on over to the front desk with your name, room number, and ID and they will be able to give you a new one.
• Offered Presentation: You will likely be offered a gift to attend a presentation, this is completely optional. It is entirely up to you, take them up on the offer, or tell them you are not interested.
• Parking: There is a free small parking garage. If the garage is full there is also plenty of free outdoor parking.
• Pets: Pets are not allowed at the resort.
• Pillows: two great pillows are provided per bed and more can be brought to you if you ask the front desk.
• Pool Towel: There are pool towels down by the pool.
• Pools: There are three outdoor swimming pools heated to 80 degrees. One is reserved for adults only and another is open 24 hours a day.
• Resort Hours: The resorts front desk is open 24 hours a day.
• Salt, Pepper, Sugar, Coffee: Each room has tiny salt and pepper shakers. There are also coffee packets provided for your coffee maker, and a couple packets for the coffee that include sugar and creamer packets, and stir sticks.
• Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in the rooms, but there are special designated areas to smoke.
• Strip Shuttle Service: There is a complimentary shuttle that runs from Wyndham to Harrah's on the strip continuously every 20 to 30 minutes from 9 am to 10 pm.
• Toiletries: Shampoo, Conditioner, shower gel, bar soap, and lotion are provided. If you need more soap you can ask the front desk and they will provide you will more.
• Towels and linens: Each room is fully stocked with towels and linens. If you would like more towels or linens you can ask the front desk and they will provide you with more.
• Questions: If you have questions about how things work in your room like the air conditioner, feel free to call or go to the front desk where their friendly staff will be able to help.TripAdvisor property ID 2397705...Read more
“By far our best stay in us at a very affordable price.”
Left on 04/16/2014 for a stay in March 2014 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Apr 16, 2014Stayed Mar 2014
We are a family of 6 and really enjoyed our time there. The room was really spacious, modern and clean. The facilities are top class (there's a pool, laundry machine at our room, transfers from hotel to las vegas strip, 3d movies at night).
Left on 03/17/2014 for a stay in March 2014 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Mar 17, 2014Stayed Mar 2014
We rented a 2 bedroom condo which was everything we expected and immaculate. This condo had all the amenities of home and plenty of room for everyone to have their own space after a long day/night of site-seeing and enjoying the casinos.
The entire staff was pleasant and courteous. The lady at the patio bar made excellent margaritas.
Shuttle service was a nice convenience.
Only downside, they need more lounge chairs by the adult pool and when checking in was not expected to be heavily pressured right upon arrival to attend their presentation to purchase a time share.
Other than that it was an enjoyable visit at a great price.
Left on 01/17/2014 for a stay in January 2014 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jan 17, 2014Stayed Jan 2014
Don't hesitate to stay at The Wyndham Grand Desert Resort! Easily within walking distance of the strip, or take the courtesy shuttle! Beautiful resort! Lots of freebies thrown in to make your stay easy! Popcorn, coffee, laundry detergent, and more! Will stay again and again!
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.