With easy access to the metropolis of Lisbon, architectural wonders in its historic center, and miles of some of the best beaches in Portugal, the charming village of Cascais has it all!
Indulge in authentic Portuguese cuisine at the restaurants in Rua das Flores, try out the sporting activities along Quinta da Marinha, or spend the day sampling the historical and cultural attractions throughout the village.
There's plenty to fill up your time while in Cascais, but here are some of the must-see destinations:
- Palacio de Conde de Castro Guimares: Check out this extensive private collection of more than 25,000 books.
- Go to the Beach: The waves at Guincho attract windsurfers from all over the world.
- Estoril: Within walking distance of Cascais is the seaside town of Estoril, home to one of the most famous casinos in Europe.
- Museu do Mar: This museum has regularly changing exhibits that tell the story of Cascais and its fishing history.
- Play Golf: Cascais is home to a wide range of golf courses designed by some of the world's best architects.
- Cascais Marina: Take a sailing lesson, charter a boat for the day, or watch some of the competitions that regularly take place here.
Whether you enjoy live theater and entertainment, or sports and the great outdoors, the assortment of events throughout Cascais offer something for every type of traveler. Enjoy the nightly programs held along the coastal walkway during the Cascais Summer Festival from June to August, watch the fireworks displays and marine-themed processions during the Festival of the Sea in August, or watch the best tennis players in the world compete during the Estoril Open in May.
Whatever your needs, there's a vacation rental available in Cascais that has everything you're looking for in a vacation home. Rent a luxury villa on the border between Cascais and Estoril, opt for a condo within walking distance of the beach, or book an apartment that's near all the shopping and cultural attractions.
If you have some extra time to explore the surrounding area, the big city nightlife and attractions of Lisbon are an easy drive half hour drive from Cascais and the castles of Sintra can be reached within an hour.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.