As one of the smaller towns along the southern coast of Spain, Estepona welcomes visitors with open arms into an authentic Andalucian experience. Everything that draws travelers to Costa del Sol from all over the world can be found here. Flamenco, traditional Spanish guitar, tapas, and seasonal festivals light up the streets of Estepona.
Come here to explore the beautiful side streets and take a step back in time. Shop in the market districts, listen to street performers, and bask in the sun of Andaluc¡a's legendary beaches. Go sailing or snorkeling. Take a walk in the foothills and discover a landscape of olive groves, herds of goats and ancient vineyards. Explore Estepona's museums and churches to learn more about the region and its cultural history. Or just relax in a cafe and take in the local scene. After the sun goes down, let Estepona's vibrant nightlife sweep you away.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you make your plans:
- Relax on the beach: The beaches of Costa del Sol are unlike any others in the world. Swim in the blue waves, learn to kite surf, go snorkeling, or just relax on the golden sand.
- Visit Nuestra Senora de Los Remedios: Built in 1766 by Tertiary Franciscans, this church and its location have a legendary association with the vera-cruz, or the true cross.
- Explore the Paleontology Museum of Estepona: Learn more about the ancient history of this area from this museum's extensive exhibits.
- Visit Selwo Aventura: This is an open-air nature park and zoo housing 200 different animal species. Come for a safari style photo tour.
- Visit the Selwo Marine Park: See performing dolphin and sea lion shows and an arctic penguin enclosure.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Join the festive atmosphere of Estepona after dark. See an authentic Flamenco performance, sample real tapas and Spanish wine, and get lost in the warm vivacious energy along the Calle de Caravaca and Calle de la Caridad.
From Estepona, it's easy to reach other popular travel destinations along the Andalucian Coast, like the cities of Malaga, Grenada and Cadiz. You may also want to take a short drive inland to explore the protected trails of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
No matter what you decide to do in Estepona or how long you plan to stay, you'll have no trouble finding the perfect vacation rental. Book a sleek downtown condo in the heart of the city or find an apartment close to your favorite sites and market districts. There are also elegant Spanish villas close to the coastline with breathtaking views of the blue Mediterranean Sea.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.