Situated on the banks of the Swan River, Perth is a unique city. It is considered the capital of Western Australia and it resides between the Nullarbor Desert and the Indian Ocean. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy a variety of activities, including swimming, hiking, biking, and sailing while nature lovers will relish all of the opportunities to check out some of the country's diverse wildlife, especially on Rottnest Island, the home of adorable marsupials known as Quokkas. For those seeking marine life, whale watching in Perth is also an unforgettable experience.
Some of the attractions you won't want to miss include:
- Kings Park and Botanic Garden: This park showcases a unique area of bush land, peaceful, lush surroundings, and beautiful grounds that are quite a sight to behold.
- Swan Valley Food and Wine Trail: This scenic trail includes over 80 restaurants, breweries, and wineries to enjoy. There are also more than 50 roadside stalls situated along the trail that sell fruits, vegetables, and more, as well as a handful of galleries and Aboriginal cultural highlights.
- The Art Gallery of Western Australia: This space showcases Western Australian art, craft, and design from the 1830's to present day.
- Trigg Beach: The waters here offer some great spots for surfing, especially near Trigg Island. There is also a nice cafe near the beach where travelers can relax, take in the sights, and grab a bite to eat after a day of fun in the sun.
- Penguin Island: Situated in the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park, this nature reserve is the residence of West Australia's biggest colony of little penguins. Dolphins, pelicans, ospreys, sea lions, and stingrays make their home here too.
- Whitman Park: This park is over 2000 hectares and includes bike paths, walkways, and a tram line. Whitman Park is made up of great picnic spots, farmlands, and natural bush, as well as a Motor Museum, a Tractor Museum, and an arts and crafts museum.
Visitors to Perth will fit right into the Aussie lifestyle if they make themselves at home in a vacation rental. Whether you stay in an apartment rental downtown or a villa on the city's outskirts, you'll have all the amenities you and your family need. Vacation rentals are also a great option for couples looking to take a romantic getaway in Perth.