Lovely Villa with Spectacular Views of Lake Maggiore - Villa con Vista
Magnificent views over Lake Maggiore, a swimming pool set amidst a flourishing garden, and a private staircase leading down to 150 meters of private beach are what make this villa in Lombardy truly endearing. Decorated in classical Italian style, the furniture of this vacation rental in Lombardia was designed and then handmade especially for the villa. In addition to being within walking distance of the charming town of Laveno, this self-catering accommodation is less than an hour by train from Milan and less than an hour by car to Switzerland.
(22,000m2) Built in 1930 for a well-known Italian family at the time, this waterfront villa is situated within a large garden on a hill overlooking Lake Maggiore. There is a staircase of about 150 stone steps that lead down to 150 meters of private beach as well as a boathouse. Please be aware that this is a fairly steep path that may not be suited for those with walking disabilities or the very young. The garden has outdoor furniture and footpaths that allow scenic walks around the property. There are also two private swimming pools, one for the villa (6m x 14m) and one for the dependence with sun loungers. Access to the villa is located at the end of the road along a coast and parking is available within the grounds.
Ground Floor: The entrance hall leads to the living room which has two sitting areas, a fireplace, and French doors opening to the garden. The dining room is furnished with a table and six chairs. The kitchen is equipped with a cook-top, oven, microwave, American coffee maker, espresso machine, and dishwasher as well as a table with 12 chairs. The first bedroom has a 160 cm queen-sized bed and access to the terrace and the second bedroom has an 80 cm narrow single bed (suitable for a child). There is also a room with a baby bed. The first bathroom has a sink, toilet, and tub with a handheld shower and the second bathroom has a sink, toilet, and shower. There is a washing machine and dryer located in a storage room near the garden.
First Floor: Twenty-one steps lead to this floor. There is one double bedroom with an adjacent bathroom with a double sink and bathtub. There is a another double bedroom with washbasin and one single bedroom. There is a separate bathroom with shower and a storage room. All bedrooms have French doors providing direct access to two large terraces.
Second Floor: A very narrow staircase (60 cm) leads to this floor where there is one twin-bedroom and two bathrooms, one with bathtub and shower-head and one with shower. On this floor there is one extra double bedroom available only upon request and at an extra cost. Please note that the decorations on this floor are very simple.
Arrive & Relax: This property allows you to show up, drop your bags, and settle in without a hassle. No searching for a grocery store after that long flight, and no worrying about Sunday store closures. You can deal with the details later… after a meal and a good nights' sleep! Arrive & Relax provisions include:
* Welcome Dinner: This simple meal will be left for you with heating instructions and includes: a pasta dish, vegetable dish, salad, fruit, bread, and wine.
* Stocked Pantry: Basic groceries will be provided according to the number in your party. Supplies will include milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, and cereal.
Extra Services: The following are listed as an aid for trip planning; the services and prices are approximate and cannot be guaranteed by Rentvillas. All extra services are payable locally in cash.
* Cook Service: Upon request
* Extra Housekeeping: Upon request
* Transfer Service: Upon request
* Portable Baby Crib: 100 Euros
* Please be aware that this is a fairly steep path of 150 stone steps leading from the garden to the private beach, which may not be suited for those with walking disabilities or the very young.
* There is an independent house also located on the grounds, but guests of this property do not share the swimming pool nor have access to the beach.
* According to Italian law, private beaches can also be accessed by other boats from the lake.
* This property accommodates a maximum of 10 people, including babies.
* Short stays (minimum 4 days) are accepted from March 29 - April 19, April 26-May 31, and September 13 - November 15, 2014 on bookings with arrival and departure dates between two Saturdays (Sunday - Thursday is fine, Wednesday - Monday would not be accepted).
* Housekeeping is provided for 3 hours on Wednesday, and Saturday for rentals of 2 weeks or more. Additional Housekeeping can be arranged for an additional fee.
Additional amenities include: telephone - local calls only, fireplace - indoor, walk to town, welcome basket, cd, housekeeping - included, outside dining, near the sea, independent villa, balcony/terrace, free parking on premises, portable baby crib/play pen - upon request, outside area - private, american coffee maker.TripAdvisor property ID 2027754...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.