A wonderful getaway on top of the mountain where there are GORgeouS views as you drive or walk up to the top. Secluded but not too secluded.
Make it a weekend, a week, a month. Treat yourself to a getaway in Livingston Manor in the southern part of the Catskills Mountains. Only a two hour drive from the George Washington Bridge. Exit 96 off Route 17 West. New renovated white bathroom with an additional outdoor shower that views to the open woods. A queen size bed in the main house with a detached guest room with a double bed for guest privacy which looks onto the woods. The detached room has a cute fake fire place that when turned on throws heat for those chilly nights. The cottage is private and quiet. New renovated kitchen. A large deck and a bbq grill. Relax and rock under the trees on a hammock. The property sleeps up to 4 people.... you can even fit 5 with the extra cot in the closet. Even the sofa is very comfortable. Take stroll to the top of the mountain to gorgeous views.
In the evening... the stars are just a sight to see... so vibrant. On a clear night you feel as if you can reah out and touch them!
A few minute drive down the mountain to the thriving hamlet of Livingston Manor for groceries, restaurants, shopping. new bakery, Morgan Outdoors Store can supply you with gear and maps and recommend destinations. On the way to the cottage you pass a full grocery store and Liquor shop.
Please take garbage with you if possible. If not you can place in the shed in on the property. Just make sure the doors are closed. Be careful using electric baseboard heaters. Please turn OFF when not in use and/or when you leave. Hang up wet towels to dry. Please feel free to use the grill on the deck. Check that doors are locked windows are locked and curtains closed when you leave. I control the ADT security system so so need to worry about it.
* WIFI - Although there is no WIFI at the cottage, don't fret! Just in town the Livingston Manor Library has free WIFI. You are welcome to sit quietly and serf the net or if you need to catch up on work. I even bring a cup of coffee. The staff are very welcoming.
Any other questions, please let me know.
Activities and Attractions in Livingston Manor, Catskills:
- Beautiful scenery
- Famous area for trout fishing
- Swimming & canoeing as well as hiking & picnicking just a short drive away
- Lew Beach with a beautiful stream and shopping.
- Charming shops, including many antique shops
- or...taking a relaxing country drive.
- TV/DVD player
- Stereo w/outdoor speakers. Bring CD's w/ music you love!
- New Washer/dryer
- Full new renovated kitchen
- New bathroom stocked with white towels.
- Bbq grill
- Fire pit
- Outdoor shower
- Detached guest room for privacy
- Wood burning stove
My cottage is FABULOUS, charming and a photographers DREAM !!!! I enjoy each time I use it!
The neighborhood is quiet....private.....fresh country air....Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.