Penthouse 1 Large Double Bedroom - Central London
From $130 / night
Description from the owner
Description from the owner
Type: Apt. / Condo
This large double bedroom is situated within a 150m² (1610 ft²) two Bedroom Luxury apartment. It comes with a 40m² (430 ft²) Private terrace with stunning views of London's great skyline and the iconic river Thames. It is located inside a quiet park and is only 3 minutes walk from Vauxhall Station which has Tube, Bus and Mainline train stations.
The room sleeps 3 guests.
THE HOST MAY SOMETIMES OCCUPY THE SECOND DOUBLE BEDROOM in the apartment however both rooms are on opposite ends of the apartment so privacy is guaranteed, this is reflected in my amazing feedback received from previous guests.
This room comes with the following: ...Read more
About the owner
About the owner
- Response rate : 100%
- Response time: A few hours
- Calendar updated: 7 days ago
Additional Location Information
Fantastic accommodation with the River Thames on your doorstep - what more could you ask for?
Vauxhall is one of London's best kept secrets: riverside location without the noise and mayhem with a great number of amazing cafes, bars, restaurants, shops and pleasure gardens.
Here is a breakdown of what is close by to the apartment:
* Vauxhall Tube, Train & Bus station - 3 minutes walk. Vauxhall station is served by the Victoria line - taking you to Stockwell and Brixton to the south and across to Pimlico, Green Park, Oxford Circus and Euston to the North. It's a really quick line for getting across the city.
If the overground is more your style, catch a South West Trains train to Waterloo - it's just one stop or use it to explore the London suburbs like the picturesque Richmond or shopping heaven Kingston in the other direction.
* Bike rentals (£2.00) - 1 minute walk
* Express supermarkets at the Vauxhall transport hub, and two large supermarkets close by that are open until late.
* Vauxhall Park offers numerous facilities for children, and there are several communal gardens including Spring gardens, which features Vauxhall City Farm with a petting zoo and horse ridding lessons.
POINTS OF INTEREST:
* Mi6 Head Quarters (where James Bond works) - 3 minutes walk
* River Thames - 3 minutes walk. The river Thames is a major river flowing through southern England and is near the apartment.
* Vauxhall Bridge - 3 Minutes walk. The site of the first bridge in London nearly 3000 years ago. Walking across Vauxhall bridge will bring you to some of the most famous areas of London Westminster, including Houses of Parliament, Tate Britain (the oldest art galley of the famed Tate Network). On the other side of the bridge is a great view of Battersea Power Station (the inspiration of the Pink Floyd album cover) a must-see for fans and a good excuse for a photo.
* St Geroge’s Wharf and Pier - 3 minutes walk. A new river boat service which is great for touring London. The Thames Clippers river service docks at St George Wharf pier and goes direct to the West End and Tate Modern museum and beyond (See enclosed river boat map if you’re interested in seeing and getting around London via the river
* Tate Britain - 20 minutes walk. With a collection of late 19th and early 20th artworks.
* The Palace of Westminster - 15 minutes walk. This was built in the 11th century and still the centre of of political life in the United Kingdom
* Parliament Square, a large, green, open area containing statues of many statesmen
* Big Ben - 30 minutes walk. The great bell of the clock at the north end of the Houses of Parliament
* The London Eye - 20 minutes walk. Europe's tallest ferris wheel and the most popular paid tourist attraction in the United Kingdom
* Westminster Abbey - 30 minutes walk. A Royal Peculiar and the traditional place of coronation and burial for monarchs of the Commonwealth realm.
* Riverside Restaurants & Bars
* Gym - 3 Minutes walk
* Victoria Station - 30 minutes walk
* Waterloo Station - 30 minutes walk
* Oval Cricket Ground and Tube Station - 5 minutes walk
* London South Bank Centre - 20 minutes walk. A cultural hub with awesome art installations, pop up exhibitions and markets making it one of the most vibrant arts centres in the country. Southbank Centre occupies a 21-acre site in the midst of London’s vibrant cultural quarter on the South Bank of the Thames. Southbank Centre includes Royal Festival Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room, the Hayward Gallery, and the Saison Poetry Library. As well as these venues, there are restaurants, cafes, bars and shops to enjoy.
* BFI / IMAX cinema - 20 minutes walk. The largest screen in the UK for watching those awesome 3-D movies.
* Covent Garden - 20 minutes by tube
* Trafalgar Square - 35 minutes walk
* Oxford Circus - 15 minutes by tube
* Battersea Park - 5 minutes by bus
* Hyde Park - 20 minutes by bus
* Kings Cross tube and St Pancras International Station - 20 minutes by tube or 40 minutes by bus
More About This Location
City vacations, Lake nearby, Warm winter getaways
Nearest train station: Vauxhall Station, 0.1 miles
Nearest airport: Heathrow Airport, 16.9 miles
Nearest ferry port: Dover, 76 miles
Car is not necessary