Riviera Wellness Retreat in Mammee Bay Estate, on Jamaica's north coast, is close to many tourist attractions (see Location on this page).
Here are key dimensions of your wellness that Riviera Wellness Retreat aims to help you to promote:
1. A wide array of wellness-enhancing teas and other plant-based products that are helpful in the pursuit of wellness. A large proportion of the world's so-called "medicinal teas" are based on plants grown in Jamaica year-round. Youù can sample many of these teas, as well as examine the related plants growing on the property.
2. If you like to jog and take long walks you will love the quiet roadways that cut through Mammee Bay. If you prefer having very private but nevertheless vigorous walks, then let the matted grass of Riviera’s lawn pamper your feet as you cover 250+ metres going around the property just once. Do that six times in a row and you will work up a good sweat walking up the gently sloping landscape.
3. Get ready for a good night’s sleep with a quick workout in our yoga room, equipped with educational health-related videos. And for more extensive exercise and spa facilities, just walk down to Bamboo Blu on the beach.
4. Have meals prepared according to your instructions by our acclaimed chef.
5. Enjoy a collection of health-promotional literature, podcasts and videos.
6. A wide variety of fruits and flowers will excite your interest as you take your daily health-promoting walks over Riviera Villa's landscaped grounds. What you will see depends upon the season when you are there.
8. Just 10 minutes' drive from the "Wellness Retreat" is 'healing' spring water -- a shallow pond where sulphuric water bubbles up from underground. Flames will burst forth if you put a match at the surface of the water.
9. Walk over to the cottage on the property and view Marcia's birds and the turtle. Most afternoons you can sit in the backyard and enjoy a visit from dozens of birds that swoop down upon the driveway to pick up the bird seed that Marcia spreads for them. And from the verandah on the front mornings and afternoons a parade of colorful birds helps you develop a sense of inner peace.
10. Enjoy our private swimming pool-- and it’s just a few steps from the verandah, where you can sit and watch the kids have fun in the water. (Its gate and fence allow you to be in charge of when the kids can use the pool.) And the water temperature is like that of a warm bath late in the afternoon on a sunny day in Spring and Summer. Relax under a pool-deck umbrella while you enjoy reading or just meditating. And private it is! The pool itself is about 100 metres from the front gate, where the beach road goes by.
The staff focuses on your having a rewarding travel experience by providing the best possible person-to-person relations so that you will feel truly "at home" at Riviera Villa; because we know that when you go home, you will want to feel that you have had a rewarding travel experience. A past guest, Mrs. Hildebrand from Manitoba, has said: “For our expectations as a family, Riviera is ideal. The Riviera offers security for our children. The grounds are well protected. We experience a safe feeling. For us the location is ideal. The pool and the beach are near to each other. The Riviera staff makes us feel like family. Going back for the fourth time is like going home.”
Riviera_Villa has a big living room, and the furniture in the living room is just right for all kinds of table-top and floor games. And your group can spread out onto the so-relaxing verandah.
For your indoor fun, you have access to cable TV, selected major events or movies recorded on video cassettes and DVDs, and board games.
Internet service is available via LIME (the land-line telephone service), with a Digicel wireless modem for backup. In short, when you are not having fun in the sun or at some night spot in town, let Riviera be your center for endless hours of engaging entertainment, beneficial education and relaxing indoor exercise.
Enjoy that special privacy you need at Riviera Villa. There are three bedrooms, each one with its own en-suite bath, thick walls, and an air-conditioner to bring you sleeping comfort. Revel in the sensuousness of tropical breezes that caress you and titillate you with soft floral aromas from a variety of flowers and fruit trees in season. Every room has a window that looks out over a part of the landscaped grounds and towards the beach road.
A queen-sized bed enhances the ambience of the master bedroom, located in the north-east corner. From each of the two north-side bedrooms, you will get a clear view of large parts of the garden, the pool deck and one side of the pool hedge. The south-side bedroom has two facing windows. The one on its north wall gives you a partial view of the garden.
Fees for additional guests may apply.
The rates quoted are for 4 adults or less, with no public holiday. The villa has bedroom space to sleep 6 adults, with each bedroom having its own en-suite bathroom....Read more
Riviera Wellness Retreat, Mammee Bay villa, JM Mammee Bay, Jamaica (Property location is approximate) ?
Additional Location Information
Riviera Wellness Retreat in Mammee Bay Estate, on Jamaica's north coast, is located 5 kilometers west of Ocho Rios, 4 west of Dunn's River Falls, and 3 east of St. Ann's Bay, it is roughly 70 kilometers from the Montego Bay airport (a 1.5-hour drive). From Riviera Villa's gate it will take you 2 minutes to walk along Beach Road to the Beach Club gate and just 5 minutes to drive to Dunn's River Falls. At Riviera Villa you are within 30 minutes' drive of several local attractions. These include Mystic Mountain (2010 Tourism Excellence award-winner), the spa resort located in the gardens at Sandals Grande, Dolphin Cove where you can swim with bottlenose dolphins, Bamboo Blu Beach Club for white sand and music, Coyaba River Garden and Museum where pre-Columbian artifacts are displayed, Prospect Plantation where tourists are taken on guided tours of a working plantation, the gardens of Carinosa and Shaw Park in the hills, Green Grotto caves, Fern Gully, and golfing at Runaway Bay. Rafting on the Rio Grande river is about 2.5 hours drive away, and rafting on the Martha Brae river is about 1.5 hours drive away.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, Warm winter getaways
Last updated on March 12, 2015
Not available for your dates?Not available for your dates? Check availability for
9 other Mammee Bay rentals
"Riviera Wellness... a true vacation with warm and friendly staff."
Left on 03/09/2015 for a stay in February 2015 | chantmoReviewed Mar 9, 2015Stayed Feb 2015
My husband, 3 young children and myself just recently spent a very enjoyable week at Riviera Wellness. The house is older but very comfortable with all modern amenities and very secure with an automatic gate, day security and night security. Prior to sleeping, we were able to close the windows in the bedrooms and drop the temperature down to a cool sleeping temp with AC in all three rooms and overhead fans (all their own bathrooms too!) Well rested we were able to get out and enjoy our days to the fullest. Having our own private pool with the Jamaican sun and little ones is a must... we used the pool multiple times every day. The nearby beach, within 10 minutes walk is very well kept and far nicer than any of the other beaches we visited. No selling, no hassles and never an unfriendly person.
Riviera Wellness was the best choice hands down for the price. It would not be fair to compare it to a $400 a night Villa. However, Valrie is a delight and prepared us some delicious Jamaican fair throughout the week and Marcia kept the house tidy and gave us some good advice on how to get around using the local transportation. We prearranged our menu for the week and only had to pick up a few items whilst on our daily outings. This was time well spent prior to our vacation... I honestly would not have changed anything only wished we could have stayed for 2 weeks instead of one week. Thanks Leroy for sharing your home with us.
The McLarty's Read more
I deeply appreciate review; because it shows off our strengths at Riviera Wellness Retreat. We focus on building good human relationships ( we want guests to feel as if they have come to a virtual second home), with special attention to the needs of families including aspects of their health promotional activities, and Chantal's review says we have a done a decent job here. Thanks!
A FlipKey verified reviewer
"Riviera Villa is like living in paradise with beautiful people."
Left on 09/26/2013 for a stay in August 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Sep 26, 2013Stayed Aug 2012
My party and I have been visiting our holiday home as we like to call it for the last 13 years. In recent years we have gone twice. The staff have become apart of our own family. Need l say more. The villa is spacious inviting and very clean, with air conditioning in each room. The pool is cleaned daily and is situated just of the veranda, easy to keep an eye on the young ones. It also has its own gate which can be locked to keep the younger child out if not supervised. The food which is prepared in the spacious kitchen is cooked to perfection. Some of the ingredients are taken off the property including herbs, mangos, bananas and other lustrous fruits and provisions. My party and l look forward to going to our home in the beautiful island of Jamaica. The private beach is just a short walk away where you can mingle and enjoy various cocktails and relax and enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Read more
I greatly value this review not only for what Blossom says but because it is based on multiple stays at the villa by her family over the past several years. She hits the nail on the head as regards how Riviera has been positioned in the marketplace from the days when it was run by my mother. We focus on trying to achieve top-flight person-person relations, with basic accommodation in the backdrop. The latter has been progressively up-graded with the recent addition of WIFI access to the internet via our modem, and an electronic gate opener down at the main gate to give enhanced security, and an exercise room.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.