- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the manager
2 Bedroom Mammoth Rental with 2 Full Baths and Free WIFI
Mammoth Point is perched on a point overlooking all of Mammoth and has magnificent views of the Owen's Valley. This property features a modern, extra large central spa with great jets. It is arguably the highest quality spa in Mammoth!
View Condominiums about 600 feet in elevation above the town. This property is perched on a point overlooking all of Mammoth and the magnificent Owen's Valley. Like Timber Ridge, there are some great southfacing "big views" ( #101 - #118), some wonderful "woodsy views" (#127 - #136), and some with a little of both (#119 - #126). Our photos are all accurate, ...Read more
Mammoth Point 112 - Mammoth View Rental
Mammoth Lakes, California
Additional Location Information
For skiing, there are three choices from Mammoth Point.
1) You may choose to walk 1 block up the road (about a 4% grade for 300 yds., or about 10 houses) and ski down a very gradual, non groomed, ~400 yd. gentle slope through the trees to Canyon Lodge. There is also a way to ski back in to the same point from the top of Bluejay (also ungroomed, this traverse cuts off of Bluejay just before the mogels, and requires intermediate snowplowing ability).
2) You may choose to walk 1 block down, then 1 block up to Canyon Lodge, about 600 yds. in total. If you have children, you will likely prefer driving to the slopes from Mammoth Point. The town shuttle does not service this property.
3) You may choose to drive to Canyon Lodge, about 600 yards away.
Mammoth Point is NOT a ski in / ski out property, but for active people in general, i.e. hikers, mountain climbers, cyclists, runners, serious ski team types, and all other hearty individuals, it comes kind of close. For those who love the outdoors, great views, and the feeling of really getting away, Mammoth Point is an ideal choice for your next vacation. Again, Mammoth Point is NOT on the shuttle route. One MUST have a 4 wheel drive OR real chains (NO cable chains) to access the property during the winter.
Like most of Mammoth, this property was built in the mid 70's. #112 has the nicest interior, while #131, 133, and 135 are the next best (B rated). Quite a range of interiors and pricing is available at this complex. See our rating guide to make sure you will be satisfied with your choice.
More About This Location
Last updated on January 06, 2015
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 689 other Mammoth Lakes rentalsCheck Availability for Mammoth Lakes
- Central heating
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Soap/Shampoo Provided
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- Paper Towels Provided
- Satellite or cable TV
- Balcony or terrace
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no