Chateau De La Croix
From $2,676 / night
- 9 bedrooms
- 8 bathrooms
- Sleeps 24
Description from the manager
The Guardian newspaper called this Chateau “One of the Top 5 houses to rent in France”. The Times said “its interior is as hip as its exterior is fairy-tale”. Grazia Magazine called it “Kick your heels off comfy”, while Bella Magazine simply said it had “Lashings of ooh la la”.
Even though it counts Hollywood Royalty on its guest list, it remains surprisingly cost-effective. An oasis of urban cool and relaxed ambiance against a background of traditional, ornate beauty, the Chateau has space and facilities to keep any guest happy.
Within the Chateau is a bar, private cinema, 14.5m heated swimming pool, billiard room, music area, ...Read more
Chateau De La Croix
Marthon, Poitou-Charentes, France
Additional Location Information
A charming little village, located on the border between the Charente and Dordogne regions in South-West France. It has all the essentials - Baker, Butcher, Tabac, Grocery Store, Pharmacy, Doctor - even a Cinema showing both French and international films. There is also a large supermarket 9 km away.
In the Village (5 minutes walk)
Tennis courts (Racquets available from the Chateau). Fishing. Park. Horse and Carriage rides (can be arranged from the chateau gates).
- Choice of three 18 hole Golf Courses from 9km to 40km.
- Bike Hire. An extensive cycle track network passes through the village.
- Canoeing/Kayaking at Montbron (9km) and Brantome (40km).
- Horse riding.
- Karting (Championship Circuit with Kart Hire, 10 km.
- Water Park with man-made beaches and pedalloes.
- Bowling. Ice skating. Lakes with man made beaches.
- La Vallee des Singes 140 km (monkey park). Futuroscope 145 km (theme park). Grotte de Villars 35 km (prehistoric caves).
- Chateau la Rochefoucauld (18 km) (children can dress up in medieval costumes).
- Disneyland Paris (2 hrs 15 mins by TGV train from Angouleme).
Angouleme 25 km, Limoges 85 km, Bergerac 145km, Poitiers 145 km, Bordeaux 151 km, La Rochelle 155 km.
Main line station at Angouleme (25mins). TGV train from Paris to Angouleme takes just 2 hours 13 mins.
Paris 5 hrs. Barcelona 7 hrs. Calais 7 hrs 40mins.
Last updated on February 18, 2015
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 2 other Marthon rentalsCheck Availability for Marthon
- A/C or climate control
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
Pool / Spa
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- Satellite or cable TV
- DVD Player
- Pet friendly - yes
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - ask
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - ask