Recent reviews for Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Left on 08/21/2015 for a stay in August 2015
The apartment was very nice and comfortable. Overall the room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The bonus of staying at this apartment was the game room and movie room downstairs. It was quite amazing.
"Best rental in Memphis"
Left on 04/03/2016 for a stay in March 2016
Walking distance to everything. Extremely clean, spacious, safe, comfortable and great value. Would rent again and again.
"Fielder Square Rental"
Left on 04/14/2016 for a stay in April 2016
This was a very nice rental. Very clean. Very relaxing. Very comfoŕtable. Very conveniently located. One suggestion would be a television in the 2nd bedroom.
"Short Walk to Beale st"
Left on 09/27/2015 for a stay in September 2015
Unit was good. Very clean. However the building itself has a terrible odour as soon as you walk in the front door. The check in was not good. Because of the odour and check in problems I could not recommend this property. It is in close proximity to Beale Street and very close to the stadium
"solid memphis rental"
Left on 06/04/2015 for a stay in May 2015
The apartment was clean and functional. As advertised it is literally steps from AutoZone Park, also convenient to Beale St, South Main area and other downtown destinations. No problems with payments or getting keys/access to the rental. Only minor quibbles were that our unit was across the street (eg different address) from the address of the complex listed and the smoke alarm battery was expiring, letting us know it with a chirp every few seconds for the duration of the long weekend.
A city with unique history and culture, Memphis, Tennessee, is the famed birthplace of rock, blues, and soul. For many music lovers, visiting Memphis is a holy pilgrimage to the birthplace of modern music. Not only do tourists flock to Elvis Presley's former home at Graceland, but they also soak up the sights and atmosphere around the Beale Street historic district. Accordingly, there is also a great live music scene throughout the city, with B.B. King's Blues Club topping the list of must-see venues.
Great news for those who also love Southern cooking: Memphis takes food seriously. Here, barbeque reigns supreme, especially the pulled-pork. Legendary barbeque joints like Corky's Bar-B-Q Shop, Neely's, and Gridley's are just a few of the many places where you can sample fine Southern fare.
When you need a break from the urban environment, head to lush Overton Park. It is a great place to enjoy a warm afternoon in the summer. While there, take the opportunity to visit the Brooks Museum of Art, which houses a collection of Renaissance, Impressionist, and modern art. For kids, Memphis, TN, also offers plenty of entertaining options, from the pleasant Memphis Zoo to the Children's Museum of Memphis.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Memphis:
- Graceland: Elvis Presley's opulent original Memphis home is hands-down the city's biggest tourist attraction.
- Gibson Beale Street Showcase: You can see wood guitars being carved and constructed during an interesting guided tour of the Gibson factory, located in the historic Beale Street district.
- National Civil Rights Museum: Martin Luther King, Jr. was fatally assassinated in the Lorraine Motel in Memphis in 1968. Today, that motel is a museum, chronicling King's life and the impact of the Civil Rights Movement.
- Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum: Run by the Smithsonian, this museum is dedicated to the rise of rock and blues in America.
- Sun Studio: The legendary Sun Studio recorded music by some of the greatest artists in America, from Howlin' Wolf to Johnny Cash.
- Pink Palace Museum & Planetarium: Originally built by the founder of Piggly Wiggly, this big pink building is now a regional history museum with exhibits about Southern life and the natural environment.
If you are planning a trip to Memphis, a vacation rental or apartment rental in the historic district will give you access to everything the city has to offer. A condo rental or cabin in one of the city's residential neighborhoods can also be a relaxing way to spend your time in Memphis, often affording more space and privacy.