Casa Serena has been restored to its Spanish Colonial-era charm, but with modern amenities and comforts. The courtyard provides an oasis from the busy city just a few feet away. After a days exploring, reward yourself with a cool dip in your own private pool. As the evening draws near, watch the sun set on the backdrop of picturesque Mérida while relaxing on lounge chairs on the rooftop terrace.
High ceilings, tall French doors and pasta-tiled floors maintain the traditional architecture of this historic home. Carefully selected Mexican artwork provides a glimpse into this rich and diverse culture as they rest on tables, chests and walls. At the center of the home, the kitchen is adorned with attractive Talavera tile, modern appliances and offers views to the courtyard, pool and dining room. There are two bedrooms, each with comfortable beds that sleep two. A large television and wifi connection make it easy to keep in touch with the outside world as well as an iPod docking station for your listening enjoyment.
A unique courtyard and two rooftop terraces - decked out with lounge chairs and tropical plants - weave throughout the entire house offering nooks and crannies of respite. Drink in the blue sky overhead as you relax under the dappled shade of a lime tree whose branches extend a full 20 feet.
Casa Serena is located in an ideal setting in the heart of downtown Merida where colorful homes dot the streets. The Merida English Library, the cultural heart of the expat community, is only a block away. Cafés, coffee shops, art galleries, and antique stores are all an easy 10’ walk from your front door.
Begin your stay by strolling to Parque Santiago where on Tuesday evenings live big-band music and dancers attract the attention of locals and tourists. Or, take in the scenery at Parque Santa Lucía and Merida’s Plaza Principal while shopping for jewelry, clothing and arts and crafts. Drink a cold beer at one of the many neighborhood restaurants and watch the people casually walk by. On Saturday evenings, it’s a short walk to the base of Paseo Montejo where you will enjoy Noche Mexicana: a lively show of traditional Mexican dancing, singing and music.
When you’re ready to get out of town, discover the ruins, cenotes and beaches - all a short trip from Merida. Taxis and city buses to Progreso, Cancun and beyond are easily accessible.
Casa Serena has all the amenities you’ll need for a convenient and comfortable stay, all for a great price!
WHY STAY WITH US?
Your stay is professionally managed by Remixto. As our guest, you’re in great hands and will receive our Remixto star treatment, including:
- a friendly in-person welcome to get you settled in
- dedicated hotel-like concierge services at your fingertips, including airport pickups, in-house chefs services, private driving tours, and more.
- a treasure trove of recommendations for places to eat, sights to see and local characters to meet. We don’t recommend it unless we go there ourselves!
- hotel-quality soaps and shampoos because everyone deserves to feel special
We are Remixto, Merida’s premiere vacation home specialist. Our storied homes are thoughtfully well-appointed and hand-selected for their unique character and comforts.
When you’re ready to book, we guarantee 24-hour reservation inquiry response or 20% off your first night’s stay.
1. The home is available for check in after 3pm. Check out is before 11am. Depending on availability of the home, we are happy to accommodate an early check-in.
2. At check in, you will be required to sign our renters agreement outlining our terms and conditions. A copy of this will be forwarded to you upon request.
3. Guests will be charged for electricity usage. For tenancies longer than 3 months, gas usage will also be payable by guest.
4. For stays longer than one month, additional security deposit will be required. For stays longer than three months, the last month of rent will also be due at check in.
5. Complimentary maid service is included for reservations over 7 nights (1 maid service per week). Additional services are available upon request.
6. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the home.TripAdvisor property ID 2095761...Read more
Serenity in the heart of Merida Merida, Yucatan-Mayan Riviera, Mexico
Additional Location Information
Casa Serena is located in an ideal setting in the heart of downtown Merida where colorful homes dot the streets. The Merida English Library, the cultural heart of the expat community, is only a block away. CafĂŠs, coffee shops, art galleries, and antique stores are all an easy 10â€™ walk from your front door.
Left on 04/29/2014 for a stay in April 2014 | TerryReviewed Apr 29, 2014Stayed Apr 2014
This 2 bedroom and 3 bath home was located in the Centro. It had a lovely pool, 2 terraces upstairs and lots of outside space. The housekeeping service and pool service were quick and efficient. With mid 90's heat indexes, the pool got much use. Delightful home with everything on 1 level.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.