The Dell located in Whitsand Bay & Downderry, Cornwall
The Dell is a cosy and romantic coastal retreat set in a stunning location, perched at the top of Tregonhawke Cliff in South Cornwall. Situated in the peace and quiet of Whitsand Bay, this enchanting escape for couples has exceptional views both from the living area and from the cool glass-fronted decking.
Inside, this unusual and intriguing bolthole has a stylish interior with beach and nautically inspired décor throughout. Outside, the property has a large sea facing decked area, with table and chairs for al fresco dining.
For the adventurous, there’s a surf school at the base of Tregonhawke Cliff, just a few minutes away. For the energetic, Whitsand Bay offers a four mile stretch of sandy beach to explore.
Nearby, Millbrook offers a good range of shops and three pubs. It even has its own Creek and yacht marina. Nearby is the award winning ‘The View’ restaurant perched high on the cliffs above Whitsand Bay. This great little restaurant has some of the best views in the country and serves sumptuous fresh fish sourced from local suppliers.
Slightly further away are the historic villages of Kingsand and Cawsand, which can be reached by car within ten minutes. Here you’ll find two beaches, pretty village pubs and cafes, enchanting colour washed cottages, and the famous Devon Corn, a house that still bears the marker for the old Cornish and Devon border.
* Open plan with the living and dining area giving access to the garden
* Featuring an oven, grill, hob and fridge with freezer compartment
* Equipped with a full range of utensils and accessories
* Dining area is furnished with a table and seating for two
* Open plan living, kitchen and dining area with access to the garden
* Furnished with a fabric sofa, coffee table, book shelves and TV cabinet
* Featuring a flatscreen TV with Freeview and DVD player
* Access to the garden
* Furnished with a king-size bed and integrated wardrobe
* En suite
* An electric blanket as well as plenty of woll throws for winter nights.
* En suite shower room comprises a wall to wall shower with glass sliding doors and under floor heating
* The property is accessed by 16 steps
* Decked area furnished with table, chairs and sun lounger
* Parking is available at the top of the cliff on a first come, first served basis
The Dell located in Whitsand Bay & Downderry, Cornwall Millbrook, West Country, England
Additional Location Information
Situated on the Rame Peninsula, the historic villages of Kingsand and Cawsand offer a haven of peace and tranquility and is a ten minute drive from the property. Relax on the beach or in one of the village pubs or cafes or take a stroll through the narrow streets of colour washed cottages and shops that follow.
Torpoint, the nearest market town, has a prominent waterside position where water based activities dominate the area with regular races taking place during the yachting season. From Torpoint you can take the ferry across to the city of Plymouth.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.