If beautiful emerald Gulf waters, vast white sand beaches and boardwalks, as well as great golf and dining venues are what you seek, Miramar Beach, and its surrounding cities of Holmes Beach and St. Joes Beach, FL are your vacation havens. Step outside your vacation rental and walk just minutes to the pristine, flawless beaches, then swim, snorkel, sail, or kayak. Miramar Beach is also home to a number of great golf courses, including the Orangebrook Country Club, a championship golf course located in the heart of Hollywood, FL, that features two challenging 18- hole links.
Here are some additional suggested activities and attractions:
- Spend a day at Hollywood Beach: This is one of the best kept beaches in the area, perfect for family picnics. Designated as a "Blue Wave Clean Beach" by the Clean Beaches Council, Hollywood Beach comes with a fun beach boardwalk that was originally constructed in 1920 and emits an "Old Florida" feel.
- Experience the Art and Culture Center of Hollywood: Just 12 miles from Miramar, this facility offers a number of great exhibitions, performances, and educational seminars that center around an appreciation of art.
- Explore Fort Lauderdale's Museum of Discovery and Science: This Museum features an IMAX Theatre, aerospace displays, and simulated trips to the Moon or Mars.
- Take a surfing lesson: The waves in Miramar are beautiful but calm enough for beginners. There are plenty of great surf schools here with patient instructors who can help you get started.
- Rent a bike: Miramar offers miles of scenic biking and hiking paths along the beach. Rent a bike or bring your own, pack a picnic lunch, and enjoy a day in the sun.
- Take a deep sea fishing trip: Florida is home to some of the best big game fish species like marlin, sailfish and swordfish. Take a charter trip into the deep water with an experienced guide.
You'll never run out of fun things to do in Miramar, Florida. Experience the best of Miramar with a stay in your own private luxury beach vacation rental. Rent a condo just a few steps from the beach with fabulous views of the ocean and invite your family and friends for a vacation getaway. While you're visiting Florida, consider taking day trips to other popular destinations like Orlando or Key West.