Recent reviews for Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
"Quiet, conviently located condo"
Left on 07/20/2015 for a stay in July 2015
Great condo in a great location. We were in town for an AAU Basketball Tournament at the new Sports Center. The condo was centrally located to the center and all of our favorite restaurants. It was very quiet at Magnolia Pointe, we felt like we're were the only people in the building. The washer and dryer in the condo was perfect for washing dirty uniforms on a daily basis. Key pick up and drop off was effortless. We locked the key in the condo and had to call the emergency line. They respond very quickly and we got back in our condo.
"It was a wonderful experience."
Left on 07/09/2015 for a stay in June 2015
We stayed at the Ulrich's condo at Ocean Forest Villas in Myrtle Beach. The condo was perfect, very clean, nicely decorated and had everything we needed in it. We loved our week stay there and would definitely stay there again. I would highly recommend it.
"Spacious and great location"
Left on 07/18/2015 for a stay in June 2015
House was in great location. WiFi was advertised but unable to connect at anytime during our 7 day stay. Received a letter stating not to call about WIFI if not working. At arrival, we notified Wyndham rental office
about a towel bar ripped off wall and we told they were aware of issue but no maintenance every showed up to fix. Some other very minor issues, leak down wall by stairs after shower use, flooring in front of stairs not finished with trim piece exposing padding, hole in linen closet door upstairs from stopper being pushed through. It is a shame because the house is very nice. Community pool was very dirty on arrival (weekend) but by Monday was cleaned. Enjoyed our stay in the home. Did have some issues with rental company but did not affect our views on the house itself.
"Cofortable and Relaxing"
Left on 04/19/2016 for a stay in April 2016
We really enjoyed our stay from beginning to end. The check-in policy was seamless and the condo offered privacy and space for everyone to relax (necessary when traveling with teenagers)! The location was close to the beaches, shopping and entertainment, and the interior offered all that one needed for comfort. It was as close to being "at home" as one gets while on vacation.
"Great value and great location"
Left on 07/10/2015 for a stay in June 2015
What a perfect location for our family vacation! We found this rental through friends who have stayed in the condo for years. They said it was wonderful, very clean, and the owners were great. Our friends were right! The condo was clean, well appointed and the complex is well kept and a hop, skip and a jump from the ocean. I usually have trouble sleeping away from home, but the mattresses were very comfortable and I had no problems. Our kids loved the pool and hot tub but also enjoyed how convenient it was to jump out of the pool and head over to the beach. The owners called to check on us and they sincerely did everything they could to make our stay perfect.
My only wish is that the unit had a washer/dryer inside the unit, but fortunately the laundry was on our floor and very close. Just remember to bring lots of change if you plan to do laundry during your stay.
If you are looking for a nice condo for an affordable price, look no further. This place was great!
About Myrtle Beach
Stretched out along South Carolina’s Grand Strand, Myrtle Beach has access to 60 miles of pure, unadulterated beach paradise. Whether you’re the kind of beachcomber who wants nothing more than to stretch out on white sand, or the active type looking for a chance to fish, sail, or paddleboard out on the waves, 60 miles of beach means you can craft an individualized beach experience for you and the whole family. Add in Myrtle Beach’s warm, subtropical climate, and you’re good to go for hours of outdoor fun.
For classic beach entertainment, look no further than the Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade, recently completed in 2010. With three sections comprising an oceanfront park, boardwalk, and carnival-like pavilion at Plyler Park, the Boardwalk is chock full of dining, shopping, and family-friendly amusements. In addition, Myrtle Beach is known for its challenging golf courses. If you like to swing big, head out to the links at Kings North Myrtle Beach National or the Arrowhead Country Club for award-winning courses and world-class services. Or, if you’re after more of a family feel, the lagoon style of the Mt. Atlanticus mini-golf course provides a range of cleverly-designed obstacles.
An evening out of your rental house means discovering South Carolina’s distinctive cuisine. Browse regional goods and high-quality shops while soaking in the ocean breeze at Barefoot Landing, or try the galleries and market stalls at Broadway at the Beach. Both of these retail destinations keep visitors occupied far into the night with a full range of nightlife and dining opportunities as well. Treat yourself to an evening out at the Carolina Opry, where dancers, singers, and comedians from around the country come to take the stage and enchant the audience. When in doubt, a moonlit stroll on the Grand Strand is the ideal way to cap off a day well spent.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Hike the trails: Go hiking or biking along the scenic trails of Myrtle Beach State Park. This is also a great place to spot migratory birds and elusive wildlife.
- Visit the Family Kingdom Amusement Park: Visit this old fashioned amusement park for log flumes, thrilling roller coasters, and a Ferris wheel.
- Explore the Children's Museum of South Carolina: This interactive museum is a great place to spend an afternoon if you're traveling with curious young ones.
- Take a surfing lesson: Several reputable surf schools along the shore provide patient instructors who can help beginner surfers get up on a board and hit the waves.
- Go deep sea fishing: Take a deep sea fishing trip from the harbor at sunrise and come home with billfish, grouper, or tarpaulin.
- Visit the Franklin G. Burroughs -Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum: This museum is considered a hidden gem and features the work of renowned regional painters and sculptors.
- Golf and mini-golf: There are over 100 golf courses to choose from in the area, including Carolina National, Caledonia, and Burning Ridge.
- Captain Dicks Parasailing and Jet-Ski: Parasailing and Jet Ski adventures offer an exciting high- energy way to get the most out of a day at the beach.
- Shopping: Myrtle Beach is close to some of the most popular outlet malls in the country. Take a few hours away from the beach to explore the stores and find some amazing deals.
- Deep sea fishing: Charter tours leave the shoreline every day. Book your adventure and bring home the most delicious deep sea saltwater fish.
- Culture and history: Take an eco-tour to see local wildlife or schedule your trip in May for the Grand Strand, a ten day festival of arts, heritage, and nature.
Whatever’s on your itinerary in Myrtle Beach, a roomy, cool beach house provides a fantastic base for all of your travel goals. From direct views of the water to jacuzzis and pools, rentals allow the whole family to truly make the most of South Carolina’s magnificent coastline.