- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
Paradise is truly Found at this oceanfront townhouse with breathtaking views of the ocean. Nestled along the east coast of Nassau, this peaceful vacation spot is away from the hustle and bustle of it all. This 1,500 square foot 2 bedroom/2 bath townhouse sleeps six comfortably with an open living floor plan. Relax or dine on a spacious balcony or patio with steps leading into the crystal clear ocean. Paradise Found is ideal for those who enjoy snorkeling or want to try their luck at fishing. It also includes high speed wireless Internet access and a laundry room with full size washer and dryer. Only a few minutes drive away from grocery shopping...Read more
Enjoy crystal clear waters off your private patio!
Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas
Additional Location Information
Paradise Found in located in a quiet, upscale, waterfront community nestled at the most eastern point of the island. Less than a mile to a supermarket and tennis courts, 1.5 miles to a shopping plaza with medical clinic, pharmacy, liquor store, gym, Wendy's fast food and Domino's pizza.
6 miles to Paradise Island, Atlantis Resort and Downtown Nassau, various restaurants and attractions welcome visitors to The Bahamas.
There is a Five Star, world famous resort called Atlantis, located on the very popular Paradise Island. Visit the restaurants and shops at Marina Village, tennis, swim with the dolphins or participate in various tourist sea excursions. Tourists can buy a day pass for $135 per adult and $80 per child and be able to enjoy all of its facilities including the Water Theme Park, slides, underwater aquariums and gorgeous beaches.
A visit to Blue Lagoon Island is highly recommended where you can pat the Sea Lions and swim with the Dolphins.Guests can spend a whole or half day on the beach on this excursion.
If your looking for things to do in Nassau, forget it, leave the hustle and bustle behind and come to Rose Island! Spend the day snorkeling and kayaking or lazing on our private beach or in our hammocks. Be a true castaway and partake in the beauty and excitement Sandy Toes has to offer!
There is a full day 'Family Island' trips/excursions on the 'Bohengy Boat' (also called Bahamas Fast Ferries) which takes approximately 2-1/2 hours to travel to family islands like Harbor Island, Eleuthera, where there are more gorgeous, secluded beaches with pink sand.
Please find below 11 suggestions for 'Things To Do In Nassau' as follows:
1. The Straw Market - Start your vacation at Nassau's Straw Market. It's in the middle of town, and it's very popular with visitors.
2. Bay Street - If you're looking for bargains on designer clothing and other luxury items, you'll be delighted with the duty-free prices in Nassau's prime shopping district. Dance your way from store to store, with music from the steel drums at the nearby Straw Market
3. The Pirates Museum for families with kids seem to really enjoy this adventure.
4. Have your wedding or anniversary celebration at one of our gorgeous beaches or one of our Oldest Churches called Christ Church Cathedral in downtown where Prince Harry recently visited.
5. Ardastra Gardens - One mile west of downtown Nassau, you'll find one of the area's most enduring tourist attractions. A conservation center run by people who consider the animals--especially the flamingos--their companions, not pets. The Gardens' must-see attraction is their world-famous Marching Flamingo show which takes place three times daily. As their guide shouts commands, 30 or more flamingos perform in unison. No visit to Nassau is complete without a visit to this quirky site.
6. Fort Charlotte - While you're at Ardastra Gardens, visit nearby Fort Charlotte, the largest and most interesting of Nassau's three colonial forts. It features a waterless moat, a drawbridge, underground passages and even a dungeon. Be sure to look for graffiti etched in the walls by soldiers who were stationed here. Although this 18th-century fort isn't especially beautiful, you'll be glad that you brought your camera for the picture perfect views of Nassau Harbor. Admission to the fort is free, as are the regular guided tours .
7. Queen's Staircase - While you're touring the town, be sure to climb the Queen's Staircase. With one step for each year of Queen Victoria's life, the top of this limestone staircase offers one of the best views of the area. Considered one of the world's top ten outdoor staircases, it's also a short walk from the top to Fort Fincastle, built in 1793. This is another spectacular lookout to capture Nassau's magnificent landscapes in photos.
8. Junkanoo - If you're in Nassau in December, get ready to party at the annual Junkanoo festival.
9.The Flying Cloud, a 57-foot catamaran, sets sail for entertaining and exciting trips around Nassau Harbor. The half-day sail and snorkel adventure lasts about 3-1/2 hours, and features a high-speed sail to Rose Island, where you can swim in the ocean, snorkel a nearby coral reef or just lounge on the beach.
10. Shipwreck Cruises - For the ultimate adventure, hop a boat and sail to a deserted island for lunch, snorkeling, and exploring. Several companies offer exciting planned adventures for adults as well as families, with different destinations and themes. Whether you're interested in a leisurely cruise or a high-speed ride on a world-class powerboat, you'll find a wide range of water adventures waiting for you in Nassau.
11. Paradise Island - Cross the bridge or take a water taxi to Paradise for an unforgettable adventure.
More About This Location
Warm winter getaways, Waterfront
Nearest ferry port: Downtown Nassau, 6 miles
Nearest airport: Nassau International Airport, 13 miles
Car is recommended
Last updated on February 24, 2015
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 117 other Nassau rentalsCheck Availability for Nassau
- Long term rentals allowed (over 1 month)
- High chair
- Alarm Clock
- Hair dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- A/C or climate control
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Local Guides/Maps
Phone / Internet
- Internet Access
- Wireless Internet
- Ocean or water views
- Paper Towels Provided
- Stove or Oven
- Stereo or CD player
- Satellite or cable TV
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Balcony or terrace
- 6 Dining chairs
- 8 Lounge chairs
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - yes
- Wheelchair accessible - no