Nestled away on the West coast of Koh Samui, on a beautiful white sand beach, you will find Waimaire with nothing but luxury living in mind. Waimarie (pronounced Why-mar-ee) means "peaceful waters" in the language of the New Zealand Maori. This beautiful self contained villa offers all you need and more for the ultimate get away. Situated right on the beach and with the best sunset views on the island, this villa is the ultimate in comfort, style and beauty and is a unique blend of Thai and contemporary design and furnishings.
Walking into Waimarie's expansive private grounds, past the tennis court, you will enter landscaped gardens housing 3 large pavilions with six en-suite bedrooms providing luxury accommodation for up to 14 people. The open plan kitchen and adjoining dining room are situated beachside. Cross under the pergola to the adjacent pavilion and enter the living area comprising two separate seating areas one of which houses the villa's large plasma tv and stereo system.
From either of these pavilions, you step out onto the teak deck and down to the large swimming pool, which is just metres away from the white sand beach. Next to the pool is an impressive Sala built from ancient teak wood featuring a seating area for al- fresco dining and large day beds and comfortable arm chairs for massages and relaxing.
The three bedroom pavilions each contain two bedrooms. Pavilions 1 and 2 have similar master sized bedrooms and the second bedrooms can each be configured as double or twin rooms depending on guests needs. The master bedroom in Pavilion 3 has a grand four poster bed and the second bedroom contains two sets of bunk beds perfect for the children. The two bedrooms in each pavilion are adjoining, although the internal access door may be locked depending upon guests needs. Each of the bedrooms has its own private terrace with day bed.
To ensure optimum privacy and comfort, each of the six bedrooms at Waimarie is air conditioned and has its own beautifully appointed en-suite indoor/outdoor bathroom set amongst tropical plants.
The living and kitchen/dining pavilions feature fully retractable doors allowing you to experience a unique blend of indoor/outdoor living. Whether lounging on the comfortable sofas or gathering in the kitchen at the stylish breakfast bar you will experience the fresh sea breeze and ocean views from wherever you are.
Waimaire caters particularly well for families. There is a playground area featuring a fort tower, swing, turbo slide, children's rock climbing wall as well as numerous grassy areas for ball games and general play. The property also offers a sea kayak and a range of other toys and games. Older children and adults can enjoy the private tennis court.
Should you fancy a change of scenery, arrangements can be made for boat trips to adjacent islands for fishing or snorkeling trips, elephant trekking in the hills, visits to Angthong Marine Park, or simply dining in the quaint Bophut Fishing Village, or shopping in Nathon, Chaweng or Lamai beaches.
As with all properties managed by Samui Villas and Homes, Waimarie is serviced by five resident staff including an English speaking villa manageress who will cater to your every need while the full time Thai Chef will prepare a selection of exquisite local cuisine.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time. VILLA FACILITIES
* Large swimming pool
* Direct beach access
* 6 bedrooms with air conditioning and en-suite bathrooms
* Safe in all bedrooms
* 42 inch Plasma TV with satellite connection and DVD player
* Stereo with CD Player and i-Pod dock connection
* Satellite broadband (WIFI)
* Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
* Fully equipped kitchen
* Lounging and dining sala by the beach
* Private tennis court
* Sea kayak
* Table tennis
* Wooden playground for children
* The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatment as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
* Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further help ensuring guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
* Bed linen in changed every third day, while towels are changed as necessary
* Pool towels are provided and replenished as required
* On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account. Terms private tours can also be arranged
* Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
* Baby sitting service on request and availability
* In-villa spa treatment with extended menu
* Night time security guard
Additional amenities include: playground, private court, beachfront villa, corporate retreat villas, spa on request, satellite adsl, chemical free pool, wellness watersport villas, thai chef, kid rooms.TripAdvisor property ID 4315560...Read more
* Located at Lip Noi beach, 35 kms from the airport and 40 minutes from Chaweng.
* In the summer low tide season when the reef may dry up for up to 100 metres this opens the beach and reef up to all sorts of activities such as beach volleyball, beach cricket or simply exploring the rock pools and collecting shells.
Left on 01/09/2013 for a stay in December 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jan 9, 2013Stayed Dec 2012
We were 3 generations of my family, occupying all 3 Villas, ranging from 80 to 9 years and had the holiday of our lives. The Rooms and bathrooms were very well appointed & maintained, clean & comfortable. We experienced a very warm welcome and an emotional send-off at the end of our stay. Joy, the Housekeeper was an absolute gem of a person, nothing being too much trouble to do or produce for us when asked for. The Chef was excellent and the daily consultations with him to arrange for the day's Lunch, Snacks and Dinner was great fun for all of us, helped in no small measure by Joy's very valuable suggestions. The amenities in the form of games, videos, Pool & Beach accessories, especially the Kayaks kept us all more than well entertained and provided for. We found the Gazebo an excellent venue for al-Fresco Lunches and pre-dinner drinks & snacks. Quality of the marketing was excellent, and the taste and presentation of the dishes 5-star plus. The quantity of each meal was more than ample and Joy and the Chef ensured nothing was short.
To be fair, mention must also be made to all the supporting staff who were always on hand for any tasks or errands that needed doing, and were constantly wiping, cleaning or mopping up as and when it was needed. In short, we were totally spoilt and it was unanimous that a return visit, but a longer one than the 9-days we were there, was an absolute must. Alas, this idyllic life ended far too quickly for all of us, as the days simply flew past un-noticed. - the Pavri family.
* Daily rates from US$ 1,600 to 2,750 for the entire house; reduced occupancy rates available from US$ 1,200 to 1,500 for 4 bedrooms in intermediate and high seasons only
* Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
* Rates shown are for a maximum of 14 (fourteen) Guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
* Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
* Airport transfer: US$ 50 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
* Baby cot and high chair provided free of charge
* Rates include daily continental breakfast
* For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
Additional fees may apply:
- Service chart | 10% of rent
/ night + / night + additional fees additional fees
Request more information
Contact the manager
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.