Recent reviews for Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
Left on 07/20/2015 for a stay in July 2015
What a wonderful magical place! Sitting on the back deck looking up at the mountain in the morning, watching deer walk right by!
The hot tub was a favorite - used it every morning we were there.
Misti and I are motorcyclists - and the roads around the lake are some of the best I've ever ridden. Literally hundreds of miles of roads with the longest straightaway less than a 1/2 mile (sorry - I mean 2 Kilometers!)
The house is beautiful - most of the wood in it was reclaimed from the property and used to build the house. Also, because of the floor heating / cooling system, the house is always at the exact right temperature - even with the door open in the evenings. The view is unbelievable in both the front of the house (where the hot tub is) and the back (where the back patio table and two (yes - two!) firepits are.
I highly recommend this place, and Sam is a wonderful host.
Come to the eternal green mountains of British Columbia to visit the town of Nelson, a breathtaking vacation destination for nature and outdoor lovers. Visitors come here from all over the world to experience unforgettable rock climbing, waterfalls, hiking trails, and Nelson, BC ski adventures. If you love getting away from the bustle of everyday life and being inspired by one of the oldest rainforest ecosystems in the Pacific Northwest, visit Nelson for the vacation of a lifetime.
Experience the best possible vacation by staying in your own private vacation rental. A condo or luxury cabin of your own can provide the space you need to store your outdoor gear, and can also offer amenities you won't find in a hotel, like gourmet kitchens and living rooms. Wake up in the morning and enjoy a leisurely breakfast on your private balcony, then plan the day's adventures at your own pace. Head off to explore the trails, rent a boat and go fishing, or spend a night Nelson, BC camping under the stars, then come home to your vacation rental and relax in style.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Experience the whitewater: Nelson, BC is a great place to experience the thrill of whitewater rafting or river tubing.
- Go horseback riding: There are several stables in and around the city center that offer lessons or guided rides along the back country trails.
- Go skiing: In the wintertime, the pristine powdery trails of British Columbia are a perfect place to go snowshoeing or cross country skiing.
- Hike or bike the trails: Go hiking or rent a mountain bike in town that can take you to breathtaking overlooks and stunning waterfalls.
- Go bird watching and wildlife spotting: The preserved forest areas close to Nelson are home to some elusive native wildlife species including black bears, ospreys, foxes, and eagles.
- Listen to live music: Nelson has a unique independent music scene. Try to make it to a live performance at one of several bars and music venues in the downtown area.
No matter what plans you have in mind for your vacation, you'll find everything you need in Nelson to relax, reconnect, and make fun vacation memories. Booking a condo or cabin will provide you with the perfect place to come home to after a day of adventures and host dinner for your family and friends. While you're visiting Nelson, consider exploring destinations nearby like Sooke and Vancouver Island.