With some of the best authentic Hawaiian cuisine in the state, many attractions celebrating the culture and heritage of the island, and miles upon miles of sandy white beaches, Haiku has everything you need for a relaxing getaway.
Head to the boutique shops and small stands on Market Street, sample the fine dining options on Haiku Road, or soak up the rays at one of the beaches found just about anywhere in town.
While you're in Haiku, be sure to make time for some of these great attractions and destinations both in and around town:
- Wo Hing Museum: A former temple brought back to life as a historic museum, the Wo Hing Museum displays fascinating artifacts that celebrate the Chinese history in the area.
- Charter a Boat: Local companies offer the chance to charter a boat for a few hours or a full day, and many of them have fishing and scuba equipment available for rent as well.
- Lahaina Jodo Mission: Explore the beautiful Buddhist temples and take part in one of the Buddhist ceremonies or yoga classes.
- Honolua Bay: Located right in the middle of a marine life preserve, the crystal blue waters of Honolua Bay give you the chance to see rare and exotic fish up close.
- Molokini Crater: The crater is home to well over 250 distinct marine species.
- Go to the Beach: It wouldn't be a Hawaiian vacation without spending some time at one of the popular local beaches like Kite Beach or Ho'okipa Beach Park.
With well over 100,000 people in the area, Maui County is one of the more heavily populated areas in Hawaii and has no shortage of major events and festivals as a result. Watch or take part in surfing competitions during the Pohai Na Keiki Nalu Festival in June, sample delicious pineapple dishes while listening to performances from Hawaiian musicians during the Pineapple festival in July, or watch some of the best movies from up and coming filmmakers underneath the stars during the Maui Film Festival in June.
Condos to rent are plentiful in this charming Hawaiian town. Whether you want to be right on the beach and next to all the main shopping and dining options, or in a quiet area removed from the bustling activity of Haiku, there is a vacation rental available that will be perfect for your next getaway home.
No matter where you are in Maui, it's possible to get anywhere on the island within a two hour. Witness an unforgettable sunrise from the top of Haleakala, go scuba diving near Kahakuloa Head, or enjoy the mountain scenery and hiking options found in Tao Valley.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.