Vacation Apartment in Oberammergau - 743 sqft, quiet, central, bright with balkony and backyard (# 4167)
From $113 / night
Description from the manager
Description from the manager
Type: Apt. / Condo
Bright, family-friendly holiday apartment in Oberammergau with mountain views, garden and playground. Wi-Fi and free parking., key advantages: quiet, central, bright with balkony and backyard, 1 living/family room, , fully equipped kitchen, has a breakfast nook, upgraded interiors, clean, well furnished, spacious design, very comfortable, makes you feel at home, bright and inviting, The unit is conveniently located close to the downtown area of Oberammergau, Walking distance into downtown Oberammergau is only 4 minutes, There is parking in front of the house available for this object, There is also additional street parking available for this ...Read more
About the manager
About the manager
Live Like a German
Live Like a German
- Response rate : n/a
- Response time: n/a
- Calendar updated: today
Additional Location Information
Oberammergau is known worldwide for many reasons: e.g. its charming landscape, the breathtaking Passion Play, the culture tradition, the craftsmanship of the local woodcarvers, the peaceful surroundings and last but not least its great hospitality. Regardless if you come during summer or winter time, spring or autumn you will fall in love with this city, which rest in a little valley surrounded by mountains. Vacationer are looking for skiing, hiking, shopping, relaxing and many more – all of them will come back once they have stayed here. St. Lukas Apartments is a perfect location to start all your excursions. You can park your car in front of your apartment and can walk by foot to the city center within minutes. Or you take your car and exit Oberammergau within less than 2 mins and you can head your way to the next destination, which you like to explore.
Discover Oberammergau and local activities:
* Mountain Bike trails: If you like to explore the environment by bike than we have good news for you. There are many great trails within the Ammergauer Alpen for all kind of drivers. Just ask for some of the available maps with exact routes and you can start right away or just explore the surroundings by your own. Either way – you won´t be disappointed. In addition there are further plans to reopen a bike park for the more experienced drivers in mid of 2014. Check therefore the website of Oberammergau. You will find more news there.
* Hiking: There are no boundaries. Oberammergau is located in a little valley, surrounded by small mountains, which offer you in every direction you look a great way to explore the landscape by foot. There are maps available as well, if you need a kind of guidance. So you can choose the perfect trail for you, depending on the level of difficulty – which will take you some hours or maybe the full day on a journey through our great area. One of the well-known paths is the so called *Mediationsweg*, which is an easy walkway through the landscape around Oberammergau. Check therefore the website of Oberammergau. You will find more news there.
* Paragliding: Paragliding is the recreational and competitive adventure sport. If you are an experienced paraglider than you might look for a flight above Oberammergau. There is a good frequented platform on the Laber, one of the major mountains which guards Oberammergau. Check therefore the website of Oberammergau. You will find more news there.
* Golf: Oberammergau itself only hosts a small Mini-Golf-Play-Area. But it is worthy to mention that some of Germanys most renowned courses are within a short drive of Oberammergau. GC Garmisch-Partenkirchen 10 km, GC Werdenfels in Garmisch 18 km, GC Iffeldorf 34 km, Land- und Golfclub St. Eurach 36 km, GC Beuerberg 45 km. Once on location you will get easily more information about the rates etc. by stepping by at the Tourist Information.
* Waterpark: You can enjoy year round activities in the Wellenberg Spa. Our big Erlebnis-Bad offers water slides, saunas and picturesque views from it’s beautifully position on a hillside, high over the village. There are several different pools ( hot & cold, in- & outside ), water-slides, a large green meadow where you can rest or play with your kids. Furthermore there is a Beach-Volleyball area and a little soccer field. The Wellenberg Spa is definitely a good place to go and spent some time. You won´t regret it.
* Climbing park: There is a climbing park for young and old ones near Garmisch – which will be a 15mins drive with the car from Oberammergau. You will find several easy and not so easy trails within a spectacular forest kind surrounding. It might be a good idea to give them a call before you start, in order to make reservations.
* Summer-Sledge-Rides: If you like to drive down one of our nearby summer sledge trails you should check out the following two websites: www.steckenberg.de and www.Kolbensattel.de. The first one is already opened, the second one will be opened this summer 2013. You & yours can experience a wild trip down the hill like you would sit on a wooden sledge and speed down a slope during winter time.
* Ski / Snowboard: Fantastic ski resorts in and around Oberammergau waiting to be explored! Whether beginner or advanced - there is something for everyone. Since 2011, the DAV special Backcountry trails are put up on Kolbensesselllift.
* Cross country: Oberammergau is famous for well-marked and groomed cross country trails. Trail plans are to get at Ammergau Alps the tourist office . The famous King Ludwig Cross takes place here. More tham 4000 participants from all over europe are starting in Ettal, pass Linderhof in Graswangtal and cross the finish line in Oberammergau On the slopes of Wiesmahts in Oberammergau the triathlon route was planned for 2018 Olympics.
* Sledging: you can go sledging at specially designated trails for example in Unterammergau but also on many hills around oberammergau.
* Schloß Linderhof
* Schloß Neuschwanstein
* Schloß Nymphenburg
* Museum Oberammergau
* Schleifmühlen Museum
* Schloss Museum Murnau and Münterhaus
* Franz Marc Museum Kochel am See
* Freilichtmuseum Glentleiten
* Pfarrkirche Peter und Paul Oberammergau
* Kloster Ettal
* Kloster Rottenbuch
* Kloster Benediktbeuren
* Kloster Andechs
* Bad Bayersoier See and Schleierfälle
* Starnberger See
If you come by Plane or train – please inform yourself before you start your trip how to get to Oberammergau. There is only one train that will bring you to Oberammergau. You will get all the information from the Deutsche Bahn AG. Same once you arrive by Plane. Please cross-check either with the information desk on location.
From Munich – By Car: You will have to follow all the way of the A 95 in direction to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Once you are done with the Highway / Autobahn ( A 95 will stop there ) you will drive on the B 23 to Oberau, which is a little city which is located before Garmisch. You will have to head towards Oberammergau once you leave Oberau. Driving time is around 90 mins / 130 kms.
From Augsburg – By Car: You will have to follow all the way of the B 17 in direction to Füssen. Wait until you will see a sign telling you direction to Garmisch. Just follow that sign. You will pass a little city called Peiting, by driving on the B 23. Always head towards Garmisch-Partenkirchen, you will automatically nearby Oberammergau. Driving time is around 90 mins / 130 kms.
From Innsbruck – By Car: Coming from Italy / Austria you will have to follow the A12, direction towards the Exit Zirl Ost N177. Than keep on driving towards Mittenwald / Scharnitz which will bring you directly into Garmisch-Partenkirchen. You will have to pass Garmisch-Partenkirchen and drive towards Munich on the B 23 until you enter the little city Oberau. You will have to head towards Oberammergau / Augsburg once you see Oberau. Driving time is around 60 mins / 90 kms.
From Kempten – By Car: Coming from Kempten you will have to follow the A7, direction Füssen. You will have to exit on Oly-Mittelberg, by switching on the B 309. Than you will have to head left on the B 310 with the direction to Füssen. You will have to pass Füssen on the B 17 with direction to Augsburg. Pass Steingaden und head once you come to the big bridge / Echelsbacher Brücke towards Oberammergau. Simply follow the B 23. Driving time is around 90 mins / 90 kms.
More travel info about Oberammergau: Oberammergau is in the German state of Bavaria. It is famous for its Passion Play, held every 10 years since 1634 (in gratitude toward God for the town being spare the ravages of the Bubonic Plague), as well as the "Luftmalerei" (mural-type illustrations at adorn the houses and buildings in this unique town). Other key historic sites to visit in this area include the Ettal Abbey and Linderhof Castle, one of Ludwig II's fanciful architectural creations.