Orvieto Verde is a large private villa in the Umbrian countryside near the beautiful historic town of Orvieto.
Orvieto Verde rents from SATURDAY to SATURDAY.
Its location is ideal for visiting the most interesting parts of Umbria, including Todi, Spoleto, Assisi and Perugia. From here you can also easily day trip to Città della Pieve, Castiglione del Lago and Lake Trasimeno, Montelpulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, and other enchanting hill towns of southern Tuscany.
Nearby Lazio also offers its treasures in places such as Civita di Bagnoregio, in Lazio, or the spectacular gardens of the Castello di Vignanello near Viterbo at only 46 km away. From the Orvieto train station, you can be in the center of Rome is just over an hour.
Recently restored to a high standard and personally furnished with excellent taste by the owners, Orvieto Verde offers a pleasant blend of modern taste and tradition. In this villa, you will find a wonderful balance of antique furniture combined with modern conveniences, including air conditioning, satellite TV and WiFi internet connection.
Orvieto Verde may be rented for either up to 10 guests (Main house) or up to 14 guests (Main house + Annex). See the prices below.
The property is surrounded by gently rolling hills, olive groves, and cultivated fields. It consists of two adjacent stone houses: the main house sleeps up to 10 people in 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. Next to the main house, there is a smaller guest house, with 2 more bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, plus a laundry room.
Thanks to its layout we recommend this property for family reunions or for larger groups of couples and friends, excellent for a group which wants some privacy and also the chance to be together in one place.
Orvieto Verde offers an abundance of interesting outdoor spaces. It has an elegantly furnished “loggia” with comfortable couches and open views over the countryside. Additionally, there is a second outdoor living room and a third pergola just next to the kitchen with table and chairs for 14 people.
At only a few steps far from the house are the panoramic pool, another furnished patio and the tennis court. And there is a beautiful view from each of these locations!
The property is surrounded by a manicured garden full of roses, lavender and other different kinds of flower.
This beautiful, spacious farmhouse is set in a wonderful quiet spot half way between Orvieto and Todi, in the heart of Umbria, surrounded by olive groves and cypress trees in a landscape created by centuries of farmers' patient toil. The views encompass the Castle of Guardea stretch as far as the town of Orvieto, across the rolling countryside.
This villa includes our special “arrive and relax” package:
A simple regional dinner is provided on your arrival night. This is a welcome sight after a long flight and will allow you to check in, unpack and relax. You will find the dinner in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The dinner is also suitable for vegetarian guests. It basically consists of a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included. No changes are possible for the first dinner.
The villa also will be stocked with basic groceries so that you do not have to shop upon arrival or worry about store closures on Sunday. The shopping list consists of: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests.
- Entrance through the first living room with a seating area for five
- Desk with computer, TV with satellite, CD/Tape Player/Radio and DVD
- Large living room with working fireplace and comfortable sofas for 10
- Double doors open to the covered “loggia”, a perfect place to relax and enjoy the view while sipping a glass of wine
- A large dining room with working fireplace, which can accommodate up to 16 people.
- Large kitchen (5-burner gas stove, oven, separate fridge/freezer, double sinks, dishwasher, microwave, American coffee maker, kettle) with separate dining area, working fireplace, table for eight
- Double doors open to a dining patio and second outdoor living room.
- Guest bathroom.
- Air conditioned double bedroom (king size bed) with separate sitting room and walk-in closet.
- Ensuite bathroom with bathtub with hand-held shower, no curtain, and separate shower.
- Stairs to the first floor.
This floor sleeps up to 8 people and has lovely views over the rolling hills and the countryside. Each bedroom is air-conditioned.
- One master bedroom (king size), with working fireplace and walk-in closet. En suite bathroom with shower and double sink.
- One twins/double bedroom (twins can be put together) with en suite bathroom with shower.
- One twins/double bedroom (twins can be put together) with walk – in closet and ensuite bathroom with shower.
- One twins/double bedroom (twins can be put together) with en suite bathroom with tub with hand-held shower, no curtain.
In the annex there are two more air conditioned bedrooms and a large laundry room.
- One twin/double bedroom (twins can be put together) with double doors leading out to the garden. En suite bathroom with shower.
- One double bedroom (queen size bed); door leads out to garden. En suite bathroom with shower.
- Small living room with TV (no SAT) available also in this part of the house.
- Laundry room (2 washing machines and a dryer) with direct entrance from terrace.
GARDEN AND OUTDOOR SPACES
- Dining terrace with table and chairs for 14 guests. BBQ.
- Second outdoor living room under a covered pergola.
- Panoramic swimming pool (12 x 6 meters) surrounded by olive groves and lovely views over the countryside.
- Covered pergola and sun beds for 14. A comfortable hammock is available for the guests.
- Tennis court (synthetic and not floodlit)
- Covered parking for up to six cars.
- WiFi Internet connection.
- Air conditioning (bedrooms only)
- Phone for incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Two washing machines
- Dryer (only the staff can use it)
- Satellite TV
- Fax machine
- Window screens on bedroom windows only.
- Housekeeping is provided daily, with extra services available upon request.
Utility deposit for AC/Heating (seasonal): 250 Euros
Air conditioning/heating: Charged according to consumption
Final cleaning: Included
Daily cleaning: Four hours per day included
Bed and bath linens: Included, with mid-week change of towels
Baby bed: Available free of charge
Extra bed: Available on request
Pool open: May 16 to September 19, 2015
Pool towels: Included
Telephone: Metered and charged according to usage
Check in: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Check out: By 10:00am
Late arrival: Upon request and approval of the owner, a late arrival is possible between 7-9pm for an extra fee of 50 Euros.
Pets: Only upon request a well-behaved dog is permitted for 60 Euros per week.
• Guardea (supermarket, bank, restaurants): 4 km
• Baschi (post office, bank, restaurants, shopping, etc.): 7 km
• Orvieto (train station, all shops/services): 20 km
• Bagnoregio, Civita 30 km
• Todi 35 km
• Viterbo 35 km
• Perugia 75 km
• Spoleto 75 km
• Montepulciano 77 km
• Pienza 90 km
• Rome (center or airport): 110 km or by train
• Siena 130 km
• Firenze 170 km
Additional amenities include: particular charm, peace and quiet, baby bed available, tennis, screens, standard first dinner included, well-equipped garden, hair dryers, maid service, panoramic view.TripAdvisor property ID 2475063...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.