A Quiet-Stay Guest House, Hideaway, and Retreat House:
Turn onto the wooded driveway, cross Briar Creek, approach the hill to Evensong Dell, and you feel as if you are not just entering another place, but another time, where life unfolds at a more human pace.
Tucked away into the side of the mountain, on a lawn surrounded by woods, tranquil ponds, and bridges, Evensong Dell invites you to pause, to breathe deeply, and to tarry in its peaceful, restorative sanctuary.
• A quiet, clean, country-stay while visiting in the Oneonta and Cooperstown areas, the museums, Hall of Fame, Dreams Park, Hartwick College and the State University of New York at Oneonta
• Artistic inspiration, writing, outdoor painting and drawing, playing music
• Personal rest and rejuvenation, reading, a place of refuge from the stress of daily life
• Family get-away times, playing, relaxing, and bonding
• A grandparent/grandchildren weekend
• Nature observation, exploration, and woods-walking
• Private personal retreats, times of transition, setting goals and priorities, reflection, contemplation, physical, emotional, and spiritual rest, refreshment and renewal
• Quiet get-away days or retreats for individuals, couples, or small groups of staff, family, or friends
• Spiritual Retreats: private, couples, or small groups of staff, family, or friends
• Remembering what the stars look like, listening to the frogs on a dark, misty evening, picking wildflowers, smelling the fragrance of fallen leaves on a wooded pathway, sledding, getting snowed in, listening to the flow of spring water gushing down the side of the mountain, rereading your favorite children's books, sleeping in, and being still enough to experience beauty.
About the House:
• Wireless Internet
• Full kitchen: refrigerator, oven, microwave, cooking equipment, dishes, coffee pot, toaster (no dishwasher.) Table and chairs for six. Access to screened-in porch.
• Living Room: DVD, VCR and CD players (for you to bring your own discs.) There is no television reception or cable at EvenSong Dell. Coffee table and seating for six.
• Screened-in porch: (16' X 8') outdoor furniture and picnic table with benches.
• Downstairs Bedroom: full bed, dresser, table, bookshelves, chair, and closet.
• Upstairs Bedroom: two twin beds, two dressers, closet, chair.
• Upstairs Master Bedroom: full bed, dresser, desk and chair, closet, bookshelf, two rocking chairs.
• Full Bathroom Upstairs: Tub/shower, closet with towels.
• Small room upstairs with Pack and Play available.
• Sheets, blankets, pillows, towels provided.
• Evensong Dell is a smoke-free, pet-free house.
Other Things to Note:
EvenSong Dell is truly a country retreat house. Cell phones can receive text messages at EvenSong Dell, but there is no cell phone reception for calls. There is a land line phone which is available for guest use. Calls are free within the contiguous US. WiFi is provided.
About the property:
• Fields and wooded hills
• Large back yard with two small ponds
• Two miles of marked walking trails
• Creek with small park
• Large spring-fed pond with dock
• Playground with swings, slide, and climbing gym
Evensong Dell is adjacent to Northfield Farm, LLC, home of Athelas Therapeutic Riding and the State University of New York at Oneonta Equestrian Team. Private indoor lessons, available by appointment, are offered for both able-bodied and special-needs children and adults.
SPIRITUAL RETREATS: Evensong Dell is a Christian Retreat House that welcomes seekers of all faiths and traditions.
Evensong Dell is available as a place of Spiritual Retreat for individuals, couples, families, and small groups of staff or friends. If you have an interest in a spiritual retreat, but have questions or would like some guidance, we would be happy to talk with you. Spiritual Direction is available by appointment with your host, a Spiritual Director certified by the Kairos School of Spiritual Formation.
Damage Deposit $200 per stay Fees for additional guests may apply....Read more
Left on 01/22/2014 for a stay in November 2013 | Mike H.
I've been here many times and it just keeps getting better. Ms. Seitz loves to plant flowers and with all the woods and pathways, you can wander for hours and just lose yourself in the beauty of the place. If you have a camera, it's even more fun. Once you get there, you have no need to leave - unless you want to get more groceries or something. The place is fully furnished and you really don't need anything else. I love it!
A perfect get-away home - relax, unwind, and enjoy the beauty th
Left on 01/21/2014 for a stay in December 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewer
I love coming to EvenSong Dell. The spacious and comfortable house is a restful and quiet place. Whether you sit on the porch or by the creek, hike the many paths and trails, or simply stare at the starry night sky from a bedroom window you will find yourself being hugged by the beauty that surrounds you. I enjoy having a fully equipped kitchen just in case I want to cook and frequently find myself falling asleep on the living room couch while listening to music. I've been to EvenSong Dell three of four seasons - summer, fall, and winter - and I've loved them all. The Seitz's are welcoming and friendly; they make the comfort of their guests a priority.
Left on 01/19/2014 for a stay in September 2013 | Faith
The Seitz's hospitality was superb and the guest house spacious and welcoming. I enjoyed the views from the guest house, the sound of the birds and frogs and the changing foilage. There is an easy walk to the ponds and a lovely place to hang out by the creek. It was a wonderful place to relax and refresh.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.