Private hideaway near downtown in trendy North Park. Walk to bars, restaurants, and coffee houses, art galleries and shops. Quiet, convenient location features an indoor fireplace, light-filled bathroom, private sculpture garden and firepit/bbq. Just 5 minutes from downtown, 15 minutes from the airport . Ample, free street parking.
Characterized by quiet privacy and open spaciousness, the indoor fireplace and high ceilings of this studio make it feel like a romantic cabin or loft. The sunken, modular living area opens up to a private sculpture garden with fire pit table and seating. All the conveniences of home include a full kitchen, large refrigerator, gas range, microwave, dvd, tv and wi-fi. Queen size bed and futon sofa that folds into a twin bed for a third guest. Discount priced for week-long and month-long stays.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose this Vacation Home!
1) Quiet, Convenient Location close to Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, Downtown, and within 20 minutes to anywhere that matters in metro San Diego.
2) Walking Distance to Restaurants, Bars and other Venues.
3) Costs a Fraction of Staying at the Beach (only 15 minutes away). Use the Savings for your airfare!
4) Open, multi-level floor plan can be customized to your needs with moveable furniture and curtains.
5) Private sculpture garden with fire pit table and Adirondack Chairs.
6) Bright Sunny Bathroom with deep Bathtub to soak in.
7) Wood Burning Fireplace with free 3 hr. Firelogs!
8) Conveniences like HDTV, Free Wi-Fi and Streaming Movies, Desk, Music Console, and a Charging Station for your Devices, and Free Street Parking, and 24 Hour Access for Late Arrivals.
9) Free Toiletries, Starter Breakfast Options, and Tea and Coffee included.
10) You get a friendly host who has lived in San Diego for 25 years who knows this city and loves to make recommendations for anything you might be looking for.
PLUS!, we have a larger house on the same property that sleeps up to 14 if you need it.
I always enjoy meeting fellow travelers, and prefer to greet them personally upon arrival. As I have lived in San Diego for over 20 years and love living here, I really enjoy giving my guests recommendations on places to go and things to see. I live about 10 minutes away for convenience, and am always available by text or phone.
Fun and funky North Park started coming into its own early in the new millennium. When a check-cashing store changed over to a dessert restaurant, local residents knew something was happening. New restaurants are still opening, and the neighborhood has become home to hipsters from all walks of life. But don't take my word for it. See what the New York Times has to say about the neighborhood! - (website hidden)?_r=0
+ Located adjacent to North Park's central district at 30th & University - walk to bars, restaurants, and coffee houses, art galleries and shops. (See guide)
+ Two stop signs and one traffic from downtown (5 minutes). Downtown 5 minutes away by car, Airport 15 minutes away.
+ Minutes from San Diego's famous San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park.
+ Bus lines to downtown and crosstown 3 blocks away.
+ Taxi waiting station nearby.
+ The North Park Farmer's Market is every Thursday evening from 3 - 7pm on North Park Way at Herman Street.
+ Ray At Night artwalk just up the street is every month on the second Saturday night, from 6-10. Art and free live music in a festive setting.
+ Critical Mass bicycle ride leaves from nearby Balboa Park at the water fountain off Park Blvd., around 7pm on the last Friday of each month.
+ Annual Toyland parade every December
Guided tours of homes and buildings in North Park by North Park Main Street organization.
+ See the San Diego Reader North Park section for current events.
Private Hideaway Near Downtown Pacific Beach, California
Additional Location Information
Fun and funky North Park started coming into its own early in the new millennium. When a check-cashing store changed over to a dessert restaurant, local residents knew something was happening. New restaurants are still opening, and the neighborhood has become home to hipsters from all walks of life. But don't take my word for it. - The New York Times had articles about our burgeoning neighborhood in 2009 and 2012.
More About This Location
City vacations, Mountain nearby, Warm winter getaways
Nearest airport: San Diego Lindbergh Field, 3.98 miles Car is recommended
Last updated on March 01, 2015
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 651 other Pacific Beach rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.