From $110 / night
Description from the owner
Description from the owner
The Villa includes a big central house and two dependences behind it. Everything is surrounded by a well-kept garden. Outside there is also a kitchen, a wood stove and a barbecue, perfect for al fresco dining.
Inside there is a huge kitchen provided with all of the necessary utensils, a dining room, a toilet with shower, three double bedrooms, one of them is located on the basement of the house, a living room with open fire-place and 4 folding beds. Each dependence includes a double bed and a toilet with shower. There are comfortable latex mattresses in every bedroom.
The villa is only accessible by a private road that serves a few other villas ...Read more
About the owner
About the owner
- Response rate: 60%
- Response time: Within 4 days
- Calendar updated: 5 weeks ago
Casaletto Palermo, Sicily, Italy
(Property location is approximate)
Additional Location Information
Palermo / Terrasini area:
Terrasini is located 30 km west of Palermo at the motorway between Palermo and Trapani, between the mountains and the Gulf of Castellammare near the Palermo International Airport.
The name Terrasini probably derives from Latin "terra sinus" = "land at the gulf" (the Gulf of Castellamare) or from "terra sinorum" = "land of the bays" due to the strongly curved coastline with a large number of larger and smaller bays. The name was first cited for the region in a letter of saint Martin della Scale of November 24, 1350 as "terras vocatas li Terrasini".
The grottoes in the area of Terrasini were inhabited already in the late paleolithic times. On different sites, tracks of Roman settlers were found.
The origin of the town goes back to the late medieval times to a small settlement (called Favarotta) of agricultural workers on the large-scale landed property of the family "La Grua Talamanca" from Carini.
In the 17th century, fishermen settled at the coast. When the former feudal property was left to the agricultural workers for cultivation, a flourishing agriculture developed around the fishers' village.
Terrasini was founded October 24, 1836, when King Ferdinand II issued a decree that the village Favarotta should no longer be part of Cinisi but should instead be a town of its own with the name Terrasini.
* Chiesa Madre "Maria SS delle Grazie", (18th century, facade of 1901)
* Chiesa "Maria SS della Provvidenza"
* Chiesa "Maria SS del Rosario"
* Chiesa "S Rosalia", (18th century)
* Palazzo Grua, (18th century), now seat of the town administration
* Palazzo Cataldi, (18th century), now seat of the town library
* Palazzo Aumale, built in the 19th century as a winery by Henri d'Orléans, duc d'Aumale, the son of king
Louis-Philippe of France, now comprising the three sections of the Museo Civico:
o Museo del Caretto (ethno-anthropological section)
o Antiquarium (archeological section)
o Museum of history of nature
* Old watchtowers along the coast: Torre Alba (16th century), Torre di Capo Rama (15th century), Torre
Toledo or Paternella (16th century)
* Villa Fassini
* Fishers and tourists port
* Grotta Perciata, a large grotto in the cliffs
* Cala Rossa (red bay, due to the red colour of the rocks)
* Natural Park (Riserva Naturale) Capo Rama
* Festa di li schietti (on Easter Sunday)
* Festa di San Pietro (in August)
* Festa di Maria Santissima delle Grazie (beginning of September)
* Estate Terrasinense (June - September): Season of theater and concert performances throughout the town
Falcone Borsellino Airport is located at 15 km (Palermo Airport). To reach the Villa is recommended a vehicle. You need to drive long the A29 motorway, direction Mazzara del Vallo for 8 km. You will take the exit for Terrasini and at the first junction, you will turn right for the S.S. 113, after 5 km you will reach “Città del Mare” where we will meet to go to the Villa. Birgi Trapani airport is located at 70 km. You need to drive long the A29 motorway, direction Palermo. You will take the exit for Partinico. After you will take the exit for Partinico, you will stop right after the exit where we will meet to go to the Villa.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation