A rare "Warm Sands" Find- 4 bedroom Palm Springs vacation rental home with a separate Casita (1 bedroom and 1 bath)
A Rare Find Indeed!! And its entirely turnkey furnished! This property absolutely has it all!!
Completely behind gated walls with a huge front yard. You can walk naked should you want in the front yard without worrying about Mrs. Kravitz getting an eyeful! In fact the front yard is so large there's a heated salt-water pool and spa in the front and yet there are STILL plenty of fruit trees and grass and sitting areas all over the front.
Upgraded Kitchen actually encompasses two adjoining rooms including a granite-topped island). Granite countertops throughout each of both kitchens, including back-splashes. The color is reddish and mustard. Stainless Steel Appliances. Double of all stainless steel appliances (two five burner stainless steel stoves, two dishwashers, three ovens, two fridges/freezers, two microwave ovens, etc)
Beautiful Tiled Floors Throughout entire 3300+ square foot home. Two Fireplaces in two adjoining living rooms, one is real but it has a candle chandelier in it, and one is a high-end version of a electric fireplace, you have to look twice, and then again, to make sure its not real, but it will produce heat.
3 Master Suites, King sized bed, California King sized bed and Queen sized bed. And then a separate Casita with a King sized bed.
Large Entertainment Room with 50" TV and a full sized couch. There are three full sized couches and two loveseats between the two living rooms and the Entertainment Room.
Fruit trees EVERYWHERE. About 18 different types of aged citrus trees, from grapefruits to oranges (navel and otherwise) to tangelos to different types of tangerines and lemons. Also included are: Grape vines, banana trees, figs, avocados, peaches, pears and others.
Front Patios and a large side patio.
Once on the estate, you would be hard pressed to tell whether you are in Palm Springs, Hawaii or Miami. This is a VERY unusual property for Palm Springs. The entire front Facade is floor to ceiling windows, 16 feet tall in the main section facing an UNOBSTRUCTED VIEW of the mountains.
Top of the line front-loading washer and dryer
Windows and Doors Throughout offer beautiful mountain and outdoor views galore! Furnishings include a 1937 Baby Grand Piano
Entertainment room with big screen television, not a flat screen, though. Bar & security alarm system.
The Home is COMPLETELY Hidden behind the perimeter walls and lined trees.
It is PERFECT for the person who like privacy, yet wants the Trendy Warm Sands area. Or it is perfect for the person who wants to entertain in style or Industry professionals who want to enjoy Palm Springs unnoticed.
Beds : Cal K, K, K, K, Q
Additional amenities include: water fountain, stainless steel appliances, approximately 3300 square feet, 16' floor to ceiling windows in living room, desirable palm springs'"warm sands" location, permit #4004, numerous fruit trees, two full size kitchens w/granite counter tops, not available for month long stays, two night minimum, tile floors throughout, each bedroom is a master bedroom suite, 4 bedroom palm springs vacation home + one bedroom casita, 1937 baby grand piano, two living rooms, new saltwater pool & spa, huge totally private front yard, 5 brand new flat screen TV's 2 DVD players, completely walled estate, brand new dining room chairs, fabulous mountain views, separate entertainment room w/50" TV....Read more
Left on 08/22/2013 for a stay in February 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewer
We had a great time and there's a lot to like in this house, but as another review said, it needed some serious TLC.
- Nice location, pretty close to downtown Palm Springs. Fenced yard with lots of fruit trees is very private.
- The fruit trees! We ate a ton of grapefruit.
- The private front yard/pool area was perfect for our group. We were a big group of families with young kids (age 5 and under). The pool isn't huge, but has a nice set-up where the hot area flows into the main pool. Made it easy to go back and forth, plus our kids who can't swim could hang out in the shallow area.
- It has 5 bedrooms (one of which is in a detached building in the backyard), so it fit our big group. Also had a pretty large dining room table and has a second kitchen with another fridge, stove, etc so plenty of space to store our food.
- A couple seating areas in the large living area, one with a piano.
- Neglect. The interior just wasn't very well taken care of. A couple examples: one of the attached stools at the kitchen bar was barely attached - if you tried to sit, it would tilt 45 degrees and you'd fall off. A safety hazard. One of the bedrooms had a large wardrobe where one of the doors would fall off the hinges if you tried to open it. In general, it felt like nothing had been updated or fixed in a long time.
- Cleanliness/quality. Some of the dishes didn't seem that clean. Bedsheets and towels were pretty worn.
- Lack of instructions, welcome materials. We paid to have the pool heated. Wasn't heated when we got there. Turns out the instructions for heating blew off the wall and we just happened to find them under a chair.
- We arrived around 10pm. The rental co. was to leave a key in a lockbox outside their office. Wasn't there when we arrived. After calling someone came fairly soon, but we had tired, jet-lagged kids. Disappointed they didn't follow up with an apology or compensation.
Could be nice, but for the $$ they need to improve.
Left on 05/16/2013 for a stay in April 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewer
This could be a very nice house, but need a lot of TLC.
All of the bedding needs to be replaced, the sheets are old and some are even torn. Inside and outside needs deep cleaning. Outside furniture was in a horrible condition, not cleaned for a long time. Their were no coushions and the ones that were there were old and dirty. Cookware was pretty much not usable.
The overall impression we had is that nobody used or have taken care of this house for a long time. Read more
Thank you for your review. We take all of our reviews as constructive criticism and do our very best along with our owners to make improvements.
I would like you to know, this past July the owner of the Warm Sands Hideaway Home was here to address the upkeep of the home. He replaced the dining room chairs, added brand new flat screens TV's, replaced the bedding and purchased new patio cushions. All of the shutters in the home have been fixed and the property thoroughly cleaned.
If you would be so kind to give us the opportunity to show you how much the home has improved, I would like to offer you 1 free night off a minimum of a 3 night stay!
I hope you take me up on my offer and I look forward to hearing from you!
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Much better than all the rest.
Left on 07/05/2011 for a stay in June 2011 | A FlipKey verified reviewer
Best Spa ever.Very clean new baths. Easy internet wireless hook up. Yards very privete and extra large. Great kitchens, two of them.
Also included best fresh grapefruit ever. Would rent again anytime. This is a 5 star at least. Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.