This family-friendly apartment is located in the historic part of Paris named Le Marais.
Just everything is at your door:
- Museums: the Pompidou center, the Louvre (12 minutes away), the Picasso Museum, le Musee Carnavalet, l'Hotel de Sully...
- Monuments: Notre Dame, Hotel de Ville, la Sainte Chapelle, Bastille, Opera... The Eiffel Tower (which is not in the very center of Paris) is about 25 mn away by metro. The Champs Elysees avenue is less than 12 minutes away by metro.
- Districts: you are in the heart of Paris, in the historic, lively and safe Marais district. The Islands Ile de la Cite and Ile Saint Louis are just near by. The Latin Quarter is on the other side of la Seine (few minutes away) etc.
- Dozens of restaurants and bars, disco, art galleries, boutiques, department stores...
- Metro station and supermarkets, bakeries, groceries ...
This apartment is perfect for a couple, for a family of 4 to 6, and even for 2 couples willing to share the same apartment, and have some privacy.
- 2BR apartment in le marais: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Marais
- rue des Francs-Bourgeois, 75004 Paris, one of the more interesting streets of le marais: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rue_des_Francs-Bourgeois
- the apartment overlooks the Hotel de Soubise:
- metro Hotel de Ville or Rambuteau
- 3 flights of stairs (60 steps) no elevator, 17th-cent building
- master bedroom: queen size bed
- 2nd bedroom: 2 twin size beds.
- livingroom: 1 sofa bed, to sleep 1 adult or 2 children
- bathroom: bathtub & shower and wash-basin. The bathroom is NOT ensuite to the bedroom, so it serves anybody sleeping in the apartment
- Internet (ADSL & WIFI) included, if you bring your laptop or iphone
- Free long distance calls
- 2 AC window units, one in each bedroom
- beautiful view
- hair dryer
- iron and ironing board
- washing machine/dryer & dish washer
rue des francs-bourgeois*: this is a central, safe and lively area of le marais, comparable to "greenwich village", with bars, restaurants, people walking down the street... Eventhough there are no disco or clubs near by, this is not a "silent" environment. As the apartment is on the 3rd floor, with double insolated windows, the noise remains perfectly bearable.
Nota Bene: No elevator to reach the 3rd floor of this 17th century building ( = 3 flights of stairs, 60 steps)...TripAdvisor property ID 2073021...Read more
Left on 01/26/2014 for a stay in January 2014 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jan 26, 2014Stayed Jan 2014
I gave 5 stars, not in the '5-star' sense because the apartment is not fancy... so I hope that makes sense. We were very satisfied with the space so we gave 5 stars. We loved the location of this apartment; when you look out the windows there is no doubt about where you are. it's very beautiful. There are easily located shops for bread, cheese, produce etc. just up the street. The home itself is on the 3rd floor so there are stairs, which is pretty normal for Paris. We enjoyed the exercise. The apartment is very quiet, extremely so...we slept very well, in comfortable beds (the only noise being the creaky wood floors if someone got up to the bathroom:) There were 5 of us and we were easily accommodated. I can't say that we used the kitchen very much...just for breakfast a couple of the days we were there. We used the washer/dryer once.
We were able to walk nearly everywhere we wanted and for anything else we took the metro. The Paris metro system is easy to use - and though we read a lot about pick pockets, we really didn't see any or experience any trouble.
We were only in Paris for 4 days, but it was a wonderful experience! Thank you to Marie for very easy check in and the use of your apartment. It was perfect for our family vacation!
Left on 01/21/2014 for a stay in December 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jan 21, 2014Stayed Dec 2013
We travelled with our two teenage children and this apartment was perfect. Very clean apartment in a perfect location and very safe. Wonderful grocers, pastry stores & cafes at your doorstep. Marie was a pleasure to deal with and very organised. There was a folder, in the apartment, with great information on supermarkets & restaurants, in the area, which we visited and enjoyed. Staying in the apartment enhanced our trip to Paris and will definitely return.
Left on 10/04/2011 for a stay in September 2011 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Oct 4, 2011Stayed Sep 2011
The apartment was perfect and the location couldn't have been any better for our first visit to Paris. We enjoyed walking around the corner to get most anything needed for our stay. Using the bus lines was easy at the apartment.
Overall a great place to hang your hat for a week.
Thanks to Isabelle for all the helpful tips.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.