Located in one of the most fashionable areas of the city with museums, art galleries, shopping, historical architecture and beautiful parks at your doorstep, this fully renovated and beautifully maintained apartment possesses the perfect balance of historic beauty combined with high-tech modern conveniences: from ultra high-speed fiber optic WIFI Internet, to a state-of-the-art Miele clothes washer and dryer. Ideal for couples, individuals, or a couple of friends who want to spend the perfect holiday in an authentically Parisian apartment without sacrificing any modern comforts, this apartment is a luxurious and incredibly comfortable haven in the heart of one of the most desirable and safe neighborhoods to be in. Located on the top floor (6th floor) with an elevator to the 5th floor and then one easy flight of stairs, this apartment affords sweeping views over the iconic rooftops of Paris, including a view of the Eiffel Tower in the distance. Foodies will fall in love with the array of eateries surrounding the apartment and some of the best restaurants in the city, and those with a taste for fashion will find themselves in the middle of a seemingly unending labyrinth of designer boutiques mixed among high fashion shops and art galleries.
LOCATION: As a resident of a centuries-old building on a beautiful winding granite cobbled street, which even by Parisian high standards is considered a particularly beautiful and charming street, you will have museums, art galleries, incredible food and the latest in fashion at your doorstep. It is also just steps away from the beautiful Place des Vosges, numerous museums, parks and the river quays for romantic walks along the Seine. Additionally, the shops and restaurants in this neighborhood have the unique distinction of being open on Sundays, a rarity in Paris, which gives you the convenience of having everything you need available to you 7 days a week. The neighborhood is so popular on Sundays that the streets are closed off to cars and the area becomes a pedestrian zone for the day.
SLEEPING: Fall asleep on the highest quality mattress and crisp white pressed linens that ensure very restful nights. There are two sleeping areas: the loft space with a 140cm x 200cm bed (larger than a US full size bed) and a sofabed that amazes guests with its comfortable and incredibly firm full-size mattress that is 160cm x 200cm (also larger than a US queen size bed). The large skylights and southern exposure fill the apartment with natural light year-round, while the remote-controlled electric skylight shades allow you to sleep late or go to bed early if you need to transition to the time change; this is particularly useful in the summer when it can be light out until as late as 11:00pm! Fall asleep looking into the Paris sky, watching the beam of the Eiffel tower brush the clouds overhead, or on a clear night looking up at the stars.
* 2 guests are asked to use 1 bed. If 2 guests would like to use separate beds, please indicate 3 guests when making the booking.
EATING: A white stone countertop and white glass cabinets conceal a full service kitchen that is ideal for picking up food at local markets and at nearby bakeries, cheese, chocolate and wine shops and enjoying in the apartment. The kitchen includes a dishwasher, oven-microwave, cooktop, and built-in aeration hood and lighting. A short walk from one of the biggest open-air food markets in Paris at the nearby Bastille, foodies will find themselves in culinary heaven with both internationally lauded haute-cuisine, as well as up and coming restaurants and bistrots surrounding the apartment.
OVERVIEW OF AMENITIES:
• Secure building with coded entry and two copies of your own key.
• NON-SMOKING apartment and amenities.
• Elevator (only 1 in 200 buildings in this historic neighborhood has an elevator!).
• Full size Miele clothes washer AND separate Miele clothes dryer.
• An espresso and coffee machine (including a Nespresso coffee supply).
• A supply of delicious Madeleine pastries to complement your morning coffee.
• Unlimited ultra high-speed fiber optic WIFI Internet connection.
• Flat screen HD television with hundreds of cable channels included.
• FREE unlimited phone calls to anywhere in France, to the USA and Canada, as well as unlimited calling to landlines in hundreds of countries including the UK, continental Europe, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina and Brazil, among many others.
• A fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, oven-microwave, large refrigerator (by Parisian standards) cooktop and built-in aeration.
• An excellent bottle of wine awaiting you upon arrival.
• Fresh flowers.
• The highest quality mattress and linens ensure very restful nights.
• Spacious rain shower with heated towel rack in the bathroom.
• Detailed guide to the apartment and neighborhood, including restaurant recommendations.
• 200 year-old terracotta flooring.
• High quality hypoallergenic duvets/comforters and pillows, towels and sheets.
• Hair dryer.
• You will be personally greeted upon arrival, shown to the apartment and given a thorough orientation to the apartment and neighborhood.
• Large skylights that flood the apartment with light, with remote controlled shutters that can shut out the light with the touch of a button.
• 3 minutes from the Metro, putting you at the Louvre, Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe in minutes (or you can easily walk as well).
• There are no extra charges (except for extra guests): cable TV, long distance calling, WIFI, wine, coffee, pastries, utilities and taxes are all included.TripAdvisor property ID 3294273...Read more
Stylish Penthouse with Views and Air Conditioning Paris, Ile-de-France (Paris Region), France
Additional Location Information
The apartment is located in the heart of the city, in the Marais, which is the oldest and best preserved neighborhood in Paris (the street the apartment is on was created in the 1100s and is one of the most beautiful in the city, paved in granite, and lined with 19th century street lamps). The surrounding area is full of restaurants, art galleries, and high-fashion shopping. The apartment is within walking distance of numerous museums and monuments, including the Picasso Museum, the Carnavalet Museum (the museum of the history of Paris), the beautiful place des Vosges, Notre Dame Cathedral, and numerous others. Additionally, it is only a 2 minute walk from the apartment to the St. Paul metro station, which is on the high-speed modern automated Line 1 (the yellow line) that goes right through the heart of the city directly to numerous monuments and sites, such as the MusĂŠe du Louvre and Arc de Triomphe.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.