It's just a stunning 200sqm central top roof Penthouse with a 100 sqm roof terrace. This beautiful apartment is situated on the fourth floor of an exquisite 17th century building where Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet, bishop, theologian and Court preacher to Louis XIV of France, spent the last years of his life. The monumental stairway fully restored to its previous glory and a commemorative plaque are present day witness of the building's stately past. Very sunny, airy and light-bathed, the penthouse is arranged around the huge terrace that was individually designed by Unopiu, with 6 large French windows giving every room direct access to the terrace. In an understated contrast with the rigorous classicism of the 24-hours concierge building, is the interior fully designed by an architect in a quirky understated luxury style. Despite the very high standards and the meticulous care in the choice of fabrics, carpets and signature vintage furniture, we placed an emphasis on having relaxed, functional and easy interiors.
The apartment is arranged around the terrace with a welcoming burgundy-tiled entrance, complete with coat hangers, a fully equipped Italian designer kitchen with brand new appliances, leading to a breakfast area with its Swedish 18th century sculptured table and matching chairs. From there you can access the terrace directly, or if the weather is more rigorous, enjoy the open views towards an olive tree and Montmartre from the warmth of your interior.
- The living room : the living area is a semi-open large 200 sq ft space where you can dine around a Danish 1960 Palissandre table with its unique set of matching chairs, work on an iconic early 20th century Czech desk while connected to the internet through our free WiFi, enjoy a read from a vastly supplied library with books in both English and French, rehearse your piano classics, idle on an English coach listening to one of over 400 CDs on our Cyrus+Wharefedale professional HiFi system, call charge free from our phone or watch one of our 500 DVD films at your disposal. Three large French windows open directly from the living area into the terrace. This one has been designed to reflect the interior living space starting with a dining table for 4, a lounge area with seating for 5, a sun bed and lots of skies.
- Bed- and bathroom : 1 double bed and two single beds, all with duvets, feathered pillows and Egyptian cotton linen; no convertible sofas. The sleeping area is separate by two gliding Japanese wild cherry wood doors and is composed of two bedrooms, one being a large 200 sqm en-suite with a dressing attached and early 20th century English Arts Décoratifs double-bed together with a best-money-can buy mattress, and the other a kids room sleeping two in a superposed single tailor made beds. Both rooms share the same bathroom. Each room has separate direct access to the roof terrace through its its own French window.
- Top roof terrace : a exceptional 100 sqm terrace on which you can have your meals. Open view towards Montmartre and Montparnasse, as well as Paris roofs.
- Kitchen : a fully equipped Italian designer kitchen with brand new appliances including a state-of-the art espresso machine for your morning coffee and a wine fridge, cooking blender/mixer and even a ham electric slicer!
- Besides : This apartment also includes: Individual central heating, double glazing, washing machine and dryer, ironing equipment, hair dryer, bed linens and towels, free high-speed WiFi throughout the apartment, cable TV, free long-distance phone calls, smoking allowed outside....Read more
Superb Opera Penthouse 200m2 terrace 5 sleeps Paris, Ile-de-France (Paris Region), France
Additional Location Information
- Neighborhood and location : the penthouse is located a stroll away from the Louvre and the river Seine, the historic Opera Garnier, the place Vendome, rue Saint-Honoré (the most exclusive high-end shopping street), rue de la Paix (the epicentre of exclusive Jewellers) the Royal Tuileries Gardens and the hidden gem of the first and most secluded landscaped shopping-arcade-encased garden of the Palais-Royal, a creation of the Cardinal Richelieu. It is also adjacent to the grid formed by Paris’ 4 most exclusive, desirable and enchanting Palaces. The mythical Ritz, the Meurice, new home to France’s most acclaimed chef (with a combined 9 Michelin stars, the highest distinction ever achieved), the Hyatt with arguably one of the most exciting bars in Paris and last but not least the Costes where the desirable crowd of fashion and modelling gathers every night for drinks and stylish dining.
- Nearby Metro:Opera (M3, M7,M8) . More info at (website: hidden)
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.