Just like the well-known neighboring areas of Napa and Sonoma, Paso Robles is one of the stretches of endless beautiful vineyard country along California's Central Coast. It's summer all year long here and the climate is uniquely Mediterranean, with cool ocean breezes, gently changing weather and perfect soil for the cultivation of popular wine varieties. This land that once welcomed cowboys and Spanish missionaries now lures wine and culinary enthusiasts as well as couples on romantic holidays.
Join the many visitors who come here every year to hike the trails to scenic pastoral overlooks, take carriage tours through the vineyards, and go shopping in the quaint historic areas of downtown Paso Robles. This area makes a perfect family vacation destination with its pristine beaches and family friendly museums. No matter what you're looking for in a California vacation, you'll find it in Paso Robles. Come here to relax, enjoy the ocean air and make lasting memories.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Take a culinary and winery tour: Sample the best offerings of the world class restaurants of California, and taste the wines produced by the unique soil and climate of Central Coast vineyards.
- Spend a day at the Ravine Water Park: The waterslides and wave pools here offer an exciting way to splash the hot afternoon away, especially if you're traveling with children.
- Play a round of golf: In addition to its beautiful vineyards, the central coast is also home to some emerald green champion caliber golf courses like Links Course of Paso Robles and Hunter Ranch.
- Visit the Children's Museum at the Paso Robles Firehouse: This popular hands-on educational museum offers another great activity for children.
- Visit the Paso Robles Pioneer Museum: Learn more about the Native American and Spanish Missionary History of California's Central Coast through the interactive displays of the Pioneer Museum.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Experience the laid back, friendly nightlife of Paso Robles. The Pony Club and Bistro Laurent are elegant but warm and welcoming, like many venues here.
No matter what season of the year you choose to plan your trip to Paso Robles, you'll have no trouble finding a place to stay. Choose a luxury condo close to the heart of the nightlife and shopping areas, or look for a summer home or elegant coastal villa with views of the ocean.
Great rentals within 20 miles that match your search
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.