The excellent weather year-round, great cuisine and wide range of shopping options have made Peoria a popular vacation destination among travelers. Your best bet for fine dining and excellent live entertainment is to hit the main strip of West Paradise Lane, but there are also several good options on North 83rd Avenue as well. Luckily, the area is compact enough that you can get to all the best spots in Peoria quickly and easily by car.
Here are just a few of some of the must-see attractions and activities in town:
- Arizona Broadway Theatre: Enjoy a delicious meal as you watch top performers from major Broadway productions participate in original productions of shows including Cabaret and Guys and Dolls.
- Spring Training: Many professional baseball teams head here to gear up for the beginning of the Major League Baseball season, and their practices are usually free and open to the public.
- Go Ice Skating: Even during the hottest of summer months, it's possible to cool off at Polar Ice, an indoor ice skating facility.
- Lake Pleasant Regional Park: Located just a few minutes outside of the city, the park offers several great options for skiing and fishing.
- Challenger Space Center of Arizona: This popular attraction offers hands-on activities that include the chance to fly a simulated space shuttle mission.
- Canyon Speedway Park: The clay oval hosts races every Saturday night that feature some of the best modified race car drivers in the region.
With the big city of Phoenix just a few miles away, there are a wide range of events and festivals in the area year-round to take part in. Admire classic cars dating as far back as the 1920s during the Barrett-Jackson Antique Auto Auction in January, enjoy the variety of family-friendly activities honoring the old west history of the region at Festival of the West in March, or sample cuisine from some of the best chefs in the state during the Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April.
A vacation rental is the preferred option for those staying in Peoria. Book a condo with beautiful desert scenery right out your window or rent a property with the very best in luxury amenities as your home away from home.
If you wish to explore other parts of the region, there wonderful day trip options within a 30-minute drive from your vacation home in Peoria. Check out the amazing shopping and dining options found throughout Scottsdale, or catch one of the many professional sports teams that play in the city of Phoenix including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Phoenix Suns.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.