Situated at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains within the Shenandoah Valley, Luray, VA is renowned for its natural beauty. This small town offers a seemingly infinite amount of outdoor recreational opportunities such as biking, camping, fishing, hiking, and horseback riding. Luray has plenty of unique shops, restaurants, and local arts for visitors to enjoy as well. For an amazing vantage point of all the scenery, take a ride on Skyline Drive and be sure to bring your camera.
Be sure to check out these sights while in Luray:
- Shenandoah National Park: Stretching over 60,000 acres, this area is great for fishing, horseback riding, and mountain biking. Visitors can also hike along the Appalachian Trail or drive along the foothills of the mountains.
- Shenandoah River Outfitters: Those looking for true adventure head to this waterway and ride the waves. It is the perfect day trip and a great way to explore the area. Rent a canoe, kayak, raft, or tube then meander down one of the most beautiful rivers in the southern United States.
- The Luray Caverns: As the largest and most popular collection of caves in the eastern U.S, these natural wonders bring guests to breathtaking stalactites and crystal clear pools. Stroll through well-lit walkways and through large chambers and caverns that were first discovered in 1878.
- Luray Zoo: This rescue zoo features more than 250 animals and spans over three acres.
- The Car and Carriage Caravan Museum: Conveniently located at the Luray Caverns, this museum specializes in showcasing rare antique automobiles.
- Caverns Country Club Resort: There are over 6,000 yards of spectacular rolling fairways situated within the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Nestled in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, Luray, VA offers all the necessities for the perfect vacation rental escape. Be the first to see the sunrise over The Blue Ridge Mountains on the porch of your cabin then step outside to great hiking, biking, and snowshoeing paths in the winter.