- Lake Placid View all rentals (166)
- Whiteface Mountain Region View all rentals (10)
- Lake George View all rentals (71)
- Saranac Lake View all rentals (36)
- Minerva View all rentals (3)
- Old Forge View all rentals (18)
- Caroga Lake View all rentals (9)
- Chestertown View all rentals (5)
- Wells View all rentals (122)
- Adirondack View all rentals (242)
- North Creek View all rentals (19)
- Indian Lake View all rentals (6)
- North River View all rentals (19)
- Schroon Lake View all rentals (13)
Featured Adirondacks Properties
In the forested heart of upstate New York lies the seemingly endless stretch of tranquil lakes, mountain trails, and wildflower meadows known as the Adirondacks. For generations, families and individuals looking to escape from the bustle of Atlantic coast metropolitan areas have come here to disappear into this landscape of breathtaking natural beauty. The best way to experience a vacation in the Adirondacks is with a stay in a vacation rental, like a peaceful cabin beside a lake.
Vacation rentals are often less expensive than hotels in the Adirondacks, and a secluded cabin offers far better access to the hiking trails, waterfalls, and lakes in the area. Spend your days hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing in the hills or bird watching along the edges of the grassy meadows. After the sun goes down, head into town to experience regional cuisine or to hear live music at a local venue. With a vacation rental, you also have the option of retreating to your home away from home and hosting a barbeque for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Go fishing: Fishing in the Adirondacks is a memorable experience. Take a boat out onto the lake or wade up the local rivers and waterways for beautiful rainbow and brown trout.
- Go horseback riding: Many of the well-maintained horseback riding stables in the Adirondacks area offer guided trail rides.
- Go bird watching and wildlife spotting: The Adirondacks are a wonderful place to see elusive native species like ospreys, owls, foxes, and black bears.
- Rent a boat: Rent a canoe or kayak and launch it from your rental's private dock at sunrise or paddle up the river and go exploring. Avalanche Lake and the Oswegatchie River are popular boating destinations.
- Hike the trails: Hike the trails of Mt. Mercy, or follow the historic Underground Railroad Trail, where Harriet Tubman and others once led fleeing slaves to freedom.
- Go camping: Pack a tent and spend a night on a mountain under the stars. The best Adirondacks camping areas are often located near scenic meadows and overlooks.
The Adirondacks are beautiful during all four seasons. In the winter, the trails are blanketed in pristine snow, perfect for cross country skiing and snowshoeing and in the summer the same hills bloom with wildflowers. You'll never forget your first visit to the Adirondacks, and the right vacation rental can help you get the most out of your trip.