Featured Alexandria Properties
1 / 29
2 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
- 2 night min
Perched on the Potomac River Waterfront and close to the heart of our nation's capitol, Alexandria, VA is rich in history and offers the perfect vacation getaway. Alexandria is home to beautiful parks with miles of trails waiting to be explored. In the downtown area, there are plenty of high end shopping districts, fascinating museums, and interesting architecture that will keep you busy during the day. After the sun goes down, leave your vacation rental and enjoy an evening of world-class dining, live entertainment, and lively bars and nightlife venues.
The best way to experience a vacation getaway in Alexandria is with a stay in your own private luxury vacation rental. If you plan to go kayaking on the Potomac, find a rental close to a launch site and roomy enough to store your equipment. If you're planning to head out on the town with friends, find a trendy condo close to the heart of the downtown area. No matter what activities you have in mind, you'll find what you're looking for in Alexandria.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in the area:
- Explore Cameron Run Regional Park: If you're traveling with children, don't miss the rides and slides at this exciting local waterpark. This is a great way to cool off on a hot summer afternoon.
- Have a picnic at River Farm: This preserved historic site includes a farm, rolling hills, and a tranquil garden that blooms with native and exotic plants all spring and summer long.
- Visit the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum: This charming museum is considered a hidden gem. Come here to see preserved artifacts and learn more about pharmaceutical history.
- Visit the Washington Masonic National Memorial: Located in the center of King Street stands a tribute to George Washington, a must-see site for anyone interested in Washington or Masonic traditions.
- Visit the Carlyle House: This preserved historic site and beautiful museum is also one of the most popular wedding venues in Alexandria, VA.
- Explore the Old Town: Alexandria's Old Town was founded in the 1700's and now offers quaint strolling, shopping, and people watching areas along the Potomac River waterfront.
You'll find plenty of fun things to do all year long in Alexandria, VA, and you'll have no trouble finding the perfect rental apartment or summer home on the waterfront. It's easy to find a condo or summer cottage that offers all the amenities you need to host your family and friends. While you're here, consider including a trip to Washington DC in your plans as well.