Featured Ambergris Caye Properties
About Ambergris Caye
Ambergis Caye, the biggest island in Belize, is a popular destination for travelers. There is only one inhabited town in the area, known as San Pedro. The environment there is very laid back. Residents and visitors alike enjoy the slower pace here since the landscape and its sights are so spectacular and worth taking the time to explore. For water lovers, there is an abundance of activities to choose from, including Ambergris Caye diving, Ambergris Caye fishing, and Ambergris Caye snorkeling.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do in Ambergris Caye:
- The Belize Barrier Reef: This is the second largest living coral reef on the planet, and it spans along the country's entire coast. It is big draw for travelers interested in scuba diving and snorkeling since the underwater sights are simply awe-inspiring.
- The Lalas Bird Sanctuary: This reserve was created by Wil and Susan Lala and it is located just outside of San Pedro Town. It includes an innovative perch for people, which is the ideal space for bird watching.
- Hol Chan Marine Reserve: This popular underwater park is only accessible via boat and features plenty of coral and marine life.
- The Butterfly Jungle: This jungle showcases butterflies at every stage of life from tiny eggs to caterpillars to butterflies. Visitors will be able to see each stage as it progresses and learn about the insect's role in the country's ecosystem.
- Tanah Mayan Art Museum: This Mayan art gallery, museum, and shop are housed in one room and features traditional Mayan works of slate carvings. The building is in traditional Mayan form as well and consists of limestone and clay walls, a parquet floor of logs and limestone, and a thatch roof of leaves.
You can soak in all of the beauty that Ambergris Caye has to offer right from your very own vacation rental. Vacation rentals are a great way to make the most of your time in Ambergris Caye, whether you are on an Ambergris Caye honeymoon, a family vacation, or a spring break trip with your friends. A condo or villa rental by the beach provides spectacular views of the ocean as well as all the modern amenities you need.