- Puy-de-Dome View all rentals (10)
- La Bourboule View all rentals (34)
- Vichy View all rentals (37)
- Haute-Loire View all rentals (21)
- Ambert View all rentals (15)
- Le Mont-Dore View all rentals (46)
- Cantal View all rentals (43)
- Le Puy-en Velay View all rentals (32)
- Clermont-Ferrand View all rentals (63)
- Aurillac View all rentals (18)
- Thiers View all rentals (9)
- Murol View all rentals (16)
- Neris-les-Bains View all rentals (7)
Featured Auvergne Properties
6 BR / 7 BA / Sleeps 12Details
- 2 night min
The Auvergne region of central France is perfect for vacationers looking for a European adventure that's off the beaten path. Warm and welcoming, yet retaining the rustic character of its spectacular mountains and valleys, Auvergne is a paradise for lovers of the outdoors and home to some of the most celebrated cuisine and wine in France. Auvergne, France is also home to a wealth of natural spas, with the region boasting ten scenic yet quiet spa towns.
Some of the top attractions and activities in Auvergne, France include:
- Clermont-Ferrand: The region's principal city is home to excellent galleries, museums, restaurants and wine bars, and the nearby Puy-de-Dome volcano is one of Auvergne's most iconic sights.
- Winery tours: The grapes that grow in the region are ideal for making white wine, and you can sample the fruits of local vintners' labor by taking a tour of a scenic winery.
- Vichy: Situated on the Allier River, Vichy is home to natural springs and spas which draw thousands of visitors each year. In fact, this town is home to one of the most celebrated spas on the European continent.
- The great outdoors: The spectacular natural scenery makes for excellent hiking, cycling and horseback riding, and the hilly terrain transforms the region into a skiing paradise in the winter.
- Golf: The Auvergne, France, region is home to many of the country's finest golf courses, which are perfect for golf enthusiasts who want to enjoy some spectacular natural scenery while they play a round.
If you're visiting in July, you'll enjoy Bastille Day, a French national holiday that is celebrated with vigor and passion throughout the country. Events change annually, but fireworks displays are traditional and are held throughout the Auvergne region.
Vacation rentals, including condos, cabins and charming chateaux, are available throughout the region, both in urban and bucolic settings. These accommodation options offer travelers extra space and privacy, and are ideal for families, couples and group vacations alike.
Paris is only a few hours by train from Auvergne, France, and it's the perfect place to continue your French vacation or visit for a day or two. Its legendary galleries, architecture, and style make it one of the most popular and romantic cities in the world.