Featured Balboa Island Properties
About Balboa Island
Located just off the coast of Newport Beach in Southern California, Balboa Island is the perfect vacation destination. Experience the best that this beloved island has to offer by staying in a vacation rental on the island's shores. In the morning, watch the sunrise over the ocean from the private deck of your beach house or condo and then walk or ride your bicycle downtown. Explore the unique independent shopping areas and artworks displayed along the boardwalk. Visit the Balboa Park museums, the Balboa Zoo, or the popular Fun Zone. At the end of a busy day, come home to your beach house rental and host a barbeque or campfire on the sand for your family and friends.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Go shopping: The Balboa Island shopping district is a defined area extending down the central street from the Marina. It's a fun place to shop, stroll, or rest your feet while enjoying an ice cream.
- Visit the Balboa Zoo: This unique, well-maintained local zoo features a surprising variety of native and exotic animals in enclosures along winding garden paths.
- Bike along the boardwalk: Rent a bike beside the pier and then pedal along the boardwalk and miles of scenic shoreline.
- Take a whale watching tour: Dolphin and whale watching tours leave on a regular basis from Balboa Island and Newport Beach Harbor.
- Go deep sea fishing: Take a charter fishing trip with an experienced guide and head into the deep waters to fish for yellowtail and tarpaulin.
- Play on the beach: Balboa Island beaches are pristine, family friendly, and busy without being crowded. Swim, go snorkeling, or just relax on the sand with a good book.
Balboa Island is a fun and welcoming place to visit during any season of the year. The weather is always beautiful here, and the small town feeling and fabulous beaches make this a popular place to escape from the bustle of everyday life. While you're here, be sure to explore other southern California destinations like Santa Barbara and Monterey.