Featured Belgium Properties
1 / 32
3 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 6
- 2 night min
Rich in history, Belgium is a hugely popular destination for travelers visiting Europe. With amazing food, beautiful architecture, and close proximity to multiple countries, this tiny nation serves as a great introduction to the rest of the continent because the influence of these neighboring countries is heavily present in Belgian culture. Belgium consists of three very specific and distinct regions: Flanders, the Dutch speaking region of the country, Wallonia, the French speaking region, and Brussels, which is located in between the two and maintains a sense of neutrality by remaining bilingual.
Here are a few suggestions of things to do in Belgium:
- Brussels: This large city is the capital of Belgium and the unofficial capital of the European Union.
- Bruges: The backdrop for countless movies, Bruges is home to medieval architecture and quaint.
- Antwerp: Antwerp is the second largest city in Belgium and most known for its giant cathedral and cobblestone streets.
- Waterloo Battlefield: This is where Napoleon lost the final battle that forever altered Europe.
- Leuven: This small city has some of the best nightlife in the country.
- Try the local cuisine: Belgium is known for having delicious chocolate and great beer.
The small size of Belgium actually works to its advantage in that the events and festivals celebrated in every town and city are easily accessible, no matter where you are in the country. Some of these include the International Documentary Film Festival in May, the Carnival de Binche in February, and Gentse Feesten in July.
Whether you want a villa or condo just steps from all the major attractions and shopping in the city, a spacious apartment with all the comforts of home, or a secluded cabin in one of the more remote areas of the country, there's a vacation rental ready and waiting for you in this charming European country.