Featured Blairsville Properties
1 / 49
3 BR / 3 BA / Sleeps 8
- 3 night min
Nestled at the foot of Bald Mountain in the heart of the Georgia hills, the town of Blairsville draws visitors from all over the United States who come here for rugged natural beauty and Blue Ridge hospitality. Blairsville is an ideal starting point for a few days or weeks of idyllic wilderness adventure. Come here to escape from the bustle of everyday life and experience fresh air, tranquil lakes and rivers, and endless, winding scenic trails with breathtaking overlooks into Georgia's hidden valleys.
Experience the best of Blairsville by staying in your own private vacation rental. A secluded cabin or mountain condo beside a lake can offer a much more authentic wilderness experience than a hotel, with more amenities and at a lower price. Wake up each morning and enjoy a cup of coffee on your balcony or the deck of your cabin. Spend the morning exploring the downtown craft shops and art galleries of Blairsville and then head for the trails to go backpacking, rock climbing, mountain biking, or bird watching.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Visit the Misty Mountain Model Railroad: This 4,000 square foot layout is home to 14 working trains and a huge O-gauge display of the southern Appalachian Mountains.
- Explore Vogel State Park: This popular park lies just seven miles outside of town and is an excellent place to gather for a picnic, a game of Frisbee, or a family cookout.
- Hike up Brasstown Bald Mountain: Go hiking or biking up the mountain during the summer, spring, or fall. In the winter, explore the trails on snowshoes or cross country skis.
- Go fly fishing: Explore the Appalachian waterways on your own or go with an experience guide to find the best areas for rainbow and brown trout.
- Join the annual fun: Visit in June for the Blairsville Scottish Festival and Highland Games, three days of Scottish food, music, games, and traditional dancing. Or, come during September for the Bluegrass Festival or the Mountain Heritage Festival.
- Go horseback riding: Several stables in and around Blairsville can help you saddle up and explore the mountain trails on horseback.
You'll find plenty of fun things to do in Blairsville during all four seasons of the year, and you'll have no trouble finding the perfect vacation rental or condo with all the amenities you need to relax in style. While you're visiting Blairsville, take a side trip to scenic Clayton, just a few miles away.